Why become a member? ×

What is the best head amp for Barefaced two ten?

Radchenko

Best head amp for Barefaced two ten  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Best option for Barefaced two ten

• Aguilar tone hammer 350
    • Eich t500
    • Gr bass one 350
    • Other options

Not sure you can ask that question as you will get lots of personal opinions back. I personally use an Ampeg PF500 and it sounds amazing. I've also played a Tone Hammer 500 through it and it sounded amazing. I've also ran my Ashdown Mi550 through it and it sounds great. 

If I was to be honest, I would say that as it's such a great cab, most decent amp heads will sound good.

12 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Not sure you can ask that question as you will get lots of personal opinions back. I personally use an Ampeg PF500 and it sounds amazing. I've also played a Tone Hammer 500 through it and it sounded amazing. I've also ran my Ashdown Mi550 through it and it sounds great. 

If I was to be honest, I would say that as it's such a great cab, most decent amp heads will sound good.

I think Linus27 makes a good point.  Haven't used any of the specific heads listed in the survey.  My 'other options' vote is for the Mesa Subway 800+ based on my experience of gigging two Two10S cabs with that head in a classic rock covers band.  If I'm using the Mesa with a single Two10S I just switch the impedance to 12ohms.

15 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I've not tried an Elf yet.

Quite like to though!

I have a Elf with a One10 for home practice and smaller gigs.  Not used it for a smaller gig yet but at home I have the gain set around 4pm so that it just starts to drive a bit - to my old ears this sounds rather like the old TE pre-set 1 - and the master at 7pm.  So only just registering, really.  I believe it has plenty to give.

Thank you for your replies. Truly helpful.

I remember  playing with TC rs210+Aguilar th500 (250 watts 8ohms) and a Fender jazzbass and really liked and gave me what I wanted and enough power.

Barefaced two ten with Aguilar th350 are (350watts 4ohms). Do you think is louder and better sounding this combination than the first one for example or eich t500 etc?. 

Thank you.

On 11/12/2019 at 14:57, Stofferson said:

Best thing to do dude is try them out, everyone has their own preference as well as what kind of style and tone they are looking for.

My choice, after trying several out, was and is the Tech 21 VT500. But what I want may not be what you want. I actually took my One10 on the train to try out various heads. So my advice would be to take your Two10 and try some amps out. Or you could try mail order and return the amp if it’s not to your taste. 

3 hours ago, colleya said:

This is one of the early models. I think the newer ones have a slightly bigger (and better) case. Can measure if it matters?

Cheers dude - I’m just day-dreaming at the moment though!  I don’t really need another amp, but I doubt that minor detail will stop a further purchase mid next year though 😂😂😂

What sound and tone are  you after? The Two 10 has an old school sound with a low mid bump and a roll off with the treble l. It colours the sounds slightly  but but has a great bottom end! Different amps will give a different sound. For the size it can really give it some . I'm impressed with mine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...