Why become a member? ×

Just not right ....

obbm

Possibly not the best moment for me to be considering selling my SX Precision then!? Just not quite enough room on the fretboard for my big paws. Other than that, I' have no issues or problems with the bass, especially strung with Labella nylons.

100_1111.thumb.JPG.e53a3648e5640a31f4b33e0f049658ac.JPG100_1112.thumb.JPG.f3a2b59e9af4cdb6d6e83c91ace54ff9.JPG 

I put some Wilkinsons in mine, and they've definitely improved the bottom end, and overall clarity. Here's what they look like installed, for comparison to the OP's. Can't see any issue with string spacing along the neck anywhere.

Edited by solo4652
  • Like 1

On 19/12/2019 at 09:58, solo4652 said:

Possibly not the best moment for me to be considering selling my SX Precision then!? Just not quite enough room on the fretboard for my big paws. Other than that, I' have no issues or problems with the bass, especially strung with Labella nylons.

100_1111.thumb.JPG.e53a3648e5640a31f4b33e0f049658ac.JPG100_1112.thumb.JPG.f3a2b59e9af4cdb6d6e83c91ace54ff9.JPG 

I put some Wilkinsons in mine, and they've definitely improved the bottom end, and overall clarity. Here's what they look like installed, for comparison to the OP's. Can't see any issue with string spacing along the neck anywhere.

So this is how you sell a bass without using the Basschat Marketplace; cunning.

Edited by Sparky Mark

On 10/12/2019 at 22:53, obbm said:

How are they able to get it so wrong?  It's going back tomorrow.

I've seen worse. Here's my 1977 Music Man Stingray II guitar. Just look at that neck pickup, especially under the high E! It's not a construction or assembly problem: the whole guitar was designed wonky. The bridge is daft, too, just like the original Stingray basses.

stingray-pickups.thumb.jpg.b4dbc78971168e762f09152c9f6d67ea.jpg

It sounds good, though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WHUFC BASS said:

What colour blue is that? The colour scheme (with the tort scratchplate) and maple neck is fast becoming my favourite on a Precision.

Now that wouldn’t be because it resembles a certain football teams colours would it?

• Haha 1