Why become a member? ×

Best case for flying ?

MarshallBTB

I've done loads of flying with basses - I've used everything from a normal 5star hard case through full BCS flightcases and SKB bass case to the SKB iSeries

The SKB iSeries stands head and shoulders above everything else for practicality, lightness, protection. Its wheels are the best bit. I have two of them now and would never use anything else now.

The SKB bass safe however proved next to useless for me. It couldn't be guaranteed to stay closed and finding gig bags that fit it is tricky.

Edited by Twigman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, owen said:

Not for a second questioning Twigman's experience, but I have never had trouble getting my gig bags in and I have always put a cable tie through the clasp to lock it down. 

Neither of my gig bags fit: Mono M80 & Protec Contego - I managed to get the M80 in, just,  after removing all the foam from the bass case interior.

I used a padlock through the clasp on the old version but on the only time I flew with this case the padlock, which was quite exposed, broke and the clasp came undone. I replaced the bass case with the later version with a strap around the blunt end which easily comes undone and there is no way to secure it,  so much so I didn't ever dare fly with it.