Why become a member? ×

Notable basses belonging to basschatters

EBS_freak

On 10/12/2019 at 17:40, BigRedX said:

Probably these:

DSC02163.thumb.jpg.b34ee032d0d819819910006f149c0969.jpg

Although having said that the fretless 4-string is currently for sale so may not be mine for much longer.

Absolutely the best looking basses I've ever seen here or anywhere else. I'd absolutely love a Gus bass and hopefully one day I'll own one.

8 minutes ago, toneknob said:

Had one of these until a 3 or 4 years ago. Traded it in for another notable (but more for provenance than looks) - John Giblin's Takamine TB-10 that he used for Kate Bush's 'Before The Dawn' shows

toneknob_bigbottom.jpg

Same pickups, number of strings, frets... I have to ask, what's the point? Backup if a string breaks? Alternative to having a D-tuner or 5-string?

31 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Same pickups, number of strings, frets... I have to ask, what's the point? Backup if a string breaks? Alternative to having a D-tuner or 5-string?

4-string on the top, 8-string on the bottom. Admittedly blurry old-school camera photos don't help here

Edited by toneknob

On 11/12/2019 at 21:47, NancyJohnson said:

I'd certainly say Gary's Spectorbird is a beautiful thing, but if there's one that I just adore it's this.  The LEDs are insane and I don't even like Fenderesque basses.

image.png.84ed8705350be94bdf9f421f41b51711.png

Is a diesel generator being run behind that backdrop?!??! 😀

Whilst I don't want to appear to engage in some sort of braggadocio, it struck me when trying to think of other notable Basschat basses that I own one, as my Bogart Blackstone has been sold through the classifieds here (although I bought it from The Gallery). It used to belong to Stuart Clayton and he used it in the below video, which has nearly 60,000 views on YouTube. For a small brand like Bogart, that may make it the most-seen Bogart bass in the world. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDcc2zD62Ag