Why become a member? ×

Notable basses belonging to basschatters

EBS_freak

90% plus of the gigs and recording I've done since being on BC have been my sunburst (Love the way the bass plays. Still hate sunburst) Precision with a black scratchplate. No point putting it in this thread. It'd be like turning up at a concours de'elegance with a white Transit.

Edited by Low End Bee
speeling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Go on, bung it on, it would be a breath of fresh air in amongst all this baroque nonsense 😀

Baroque nonsense? BAROQUE NONSENSE??? You're only 10 miles down the road from me, I'm on my way down now with a single white glove... prepare for a glove slap to the face and a challenge to a duel sir!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, binky_bass said:

Baroque nonsense? BAROQUE NONSENSE??? You're only 10 miles down the road from me, I'm on my way down now with a single white glove... prepare for a glove slap to the face and a challenge to a duel sir!

10 Guineas on you Russ. May I be your witness ? I love kippers duellings at the dawn.

• Haha 1

I've even found the original post:

(Though it has become a little fragmented)

Please also, if I may derail this thread temporarily, take a moment to remember "OldGit" Si Cox in the first picture. One of our very missed members of BassChat. RIP dude!

DSC_0094.thumb.jpg.565b538a650755eb0b0c019ea722defc.jpgIMG_8192.thumb.JPG.54d8f767511c3be61a51f893045dc987.JPGDanVeallDoodleShuker.thumb.jpg.011cc64d878324faa2f45a9744b39aeb.jpgDanVeallShukerDoodle7String.jpg.988ed1e0f56e0da6f4e240a1b19d668e.jpgIMG_8552.thumb.JPG.ce3464af9dd932878ce932304b40d0a0.JPG

Edited by Dood
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, miles'tone said:

Discreet's (originally) Limelight Jazz. '62? The really aged oly white/spitfire tort one. Can't find a piccy sorry as they've gone I think.

A work of art that one and the first bass that came to mind. 

Maybe a BCer still owns it? 

Ah yes, I had it but sold it a few years ago -  I’ll try to find a pic (that really fits the bill)

• Thanks 1