Why become a member? ×

Notable basses belonging to basschatters

EBS_freak

I was just checking out the Vigier thread where @ped posted his Vigier. I've come to know that bass pretty well due to my mispent hours on basschat... but then it got me thinking... what are the basschat iconic basses... the ones that people instantly know who's it is as soon as people post a picture?

Aka, "your bass has been nicked? - that wouldn't last long in a pawn shop without being reported to the owner" thread.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

I was just checking out the Vigier thread where @ped posted his Vigier. I've come to know that bass pretty well due to my mispent houses on basschat...

It’s nice to think that if it ever got stolen the thief would be hounded for the rest of his life by a nationwide clan of sweaty hefty bass players 👍🏼 He’d end up sealed inside some old Trace cabinet in some damp rehearsal room. Probably. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Without blowing their trumpets for them (oooer Matron) but many of @Andyjr1515 and @Jabba_the_gut builds are instantly recognisable as their creations.

I would say that both of my @Andyjr1515 creations (The Psilos and The Silk Bass) are known as mine along with my "Green Machine" Overwater.

image.jpeg

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

In fact,the ACG Harlot SC, now with Frank Blank, is equally well known though it has been own by several BCers.

cba8efa5-9a20-4500-a907-a403bc0d4719_zpspoq5zkws.jpg

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, obbm said:

You mean this one @ped

sr5_05.jpg.5464b469c395f3990e9dc6f2950e970b.jpg

Sorry but I can't remember who bought it.

That’s the one. I remember playing it when there was that bash somewhere under a bridge in Surrey I seem to remember. I had an OLP ray with status neck at the time and really liked your bass. You had it for a while didn’t you? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ped said:

That’s the one. I remember playing it when there was that bash somewhere under a bridge in Surrey I seem to remember. I had an OLP ray with status neck at the time and really liked your bass. You had it for a while didn’t you? 

Yes it was my regular bass for many years until I switched back to 4-strings.

• Like 1