Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot RAH350SMX Head (Incl flightcase) SOLD
£240
West London

Much loved, but played rarely.  Fully serviced by Guitar Aid.  Fan replaced when it got noisy otherwise faultless.  All knobs there and working.  I bought it second hand a least 20 years ago and had flightcase made.  Seriously loud bit of kit (vol knobs in photos show the max I needed to play it!). Serial number clearly legible on back - I think that dates it to either Q4 or April 1993.  Almost vintage!

Prefer collect

20191208_144522[128014].jpg

20191208_145049_1575926734859[128019].jpg

20191208_144427_1575926714173[128018].jpg

20191208_144204_1575926688793[128016].jpg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I've bid on a number of these on eBay - always had them snatched away from me at the last.

As you say, serious piece of kit (for not a lot of cash, it must be said). Bargain for somebody.

GLWTS

There never seems to be much good Trace gear located up north. I've been scanning ebay for months now. 

Anyhow if the seller can post I'll have it.

Edited by bigthumb

19 minutes ago, Piers_Williamson said:

OK, I'm new to the game of couriers etc, but fellow basschatters give me some confidence that I can ship the amp.  Would purchasers be willing to pay the courier cost if I sort it?

Well I would. I can certainly understand not wanting to ship this what with finding a suitable box and packaging etc, and of course the weight. But if you can find suitable packaging and you are happy to do so then I'll take it.

Interparcel.com will give you some shipping options and prices. 

3 hours ago, Piers_Williamson said:

OK, I'm new to the game of couriers etc, but fellow basschatters give me some confidence that I can ship the amp.  Would purchasers be willing to pay the courier cost if I sort it?

With it being in a rack case this will be a doddle to ship. Go to the interparcel site, enter the size, weight and destination postcode and they will give you the prices for various options (personally I've never had an issue with UPS but other couriers are available). This will give an approximate idea of the shipping cost so you can quote a price to the potential purchaser. Once you have wrapped it, measure and weigh it again and enter the final details to get your accurate final price.

https://uk.interparcel.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv76NoPyt5gIVj0TTCh3lhAFjEAAYASAAEgKZxvD_BwE 

I would always suggest you try and make life as easy as possible for the couriers e.g. wrap the case in card and tape it up securely but leave one or both of the handles exposed so they can be used when handling. Even put a sign on there saying 'Use Side Handles.' Here's a pic of what I've done in the past with cabs etc. It may seem overkill, but it will help the package arrive safely.

Great amp by the way 👍

Cab.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11 December 2019 at 16:11, Deedee said:

With it being in a rack case this will be a doddle to ship. Go to the interparcel site, enter the size, weight and destination postcode and they will give you the prices for various options (personally I've never had an issue with UPS but other couriers are available). This will give an approximate idea of the shipping cost so you can quote a price to the potential purchaser. Once you have wrapped it, measure and weigh it again and enter the final details to get your accurate final price.

https://uk.interparcel.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv76NoPyt5gIVj0TTCh3lhAFjEAAYASAAEgKZxvD_BwE 

I would always suggest you try and make life as easy as possible for the couriers e.g. wrap the case in card and tape it up securely but leave one or both of the handles exposed so they can be used when handling. Even put a sign on there saying 'Use Side Handles.' Here's a pic of what I've done in the past with cabs etc. It may seem overkill, but it will help the package arrive safely.

Great amp by the way 👍

Cab.jpg

Great advice, worth pinning. :i-m_so_happy:    I use Interparcel also, and have always found them 100% reliable, plus they insure for musical instruments which some don't.

Top amp too - I have the AH600SMX 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 16:11, Deedee said:

would always suggest you try and make life as easy as possible for the couriers e.g. wrap the case in card and tape it up securely but leave one or both of the handles exposed so they can be used when handling. Even put a sign on there saying 'Use Side Handles.'

Great piece of advice. 

• Thanks 1

• Piers_Williamson changed the title to Trace Elliot RAH350SMX Head (Incl flightcase) SOLD
  • MB1 locked this topic