Why become a member? ×

Fender Musicmaster Bass 1977 and Case now sold elsewhere
£695
Lancaster

ash

Lovely little 30” scale Fender Musicmaster Bass from the US it was made in 1977 and comes with its original flimsy but functional case. 

Hardware is all original apart from one of the pick guard screws and a machine head retaining screw. I also think the thumbrest is a replacement as it looks a little wider than the original would have been. As you can see it has had a four saddle bridge installed that makes it much easier to intonate. The original bridge is included and reversing this modification can be done without any extra holes being revealed. The bass has had one of the capacitors removed as this was taking the treble off the pickup - again this is easily reversed and the cap is included.

The bass has had a fret dress and has been fitted with heavier gauge strings - it plays superbly and sounds nice and punchy. A set of standard gauge Fender strings is included. It is incredibly light at under 8lbs and is very well balanced. A perfect bass for those with glass backs!
There is wear and tear and some paint touch ups but nothing dreadful or structural, finish hairline checking is merely cosmetic, one tiny ding on the back of the neck as pictured. 

I’m only selling as I’ve just bought a 60th Anniversary Precision so this must go. No trades. Happy to post at buyers expense but pickup is preferable. This is a nice way of owning a vintage Fender without destroying your bank balance! Now £sold! 

Cheers

Edited by ash
Sold on eBay
  • Like 3

Just now, hooky_lowdown said:

Very reasonable price, if it wasn't in black (I've had too many black basses) I'd be all over this. 😎

The one I had as my first bass was an off white one but it had a discoloured oblong patch on the front where a sticker had been removed - I’m always looking out for that one I still have the owners manual!