Why become a member? ×

16 hours ago, Richard R said:

Does anyone happen to have the sheet music or a bass tab for the Ivor The Engine theme tune?

I love it that a request of this sort comes on this forum! I watched Ivor the Engine as a kid and loved it, especially the accent of the narrator.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlueMoon said:

I love it that a request of this sort comes on this forum! I watched Ivor the Engine as a kid and loved it, especially the accent of the narrator.

The great Oliver Postgate. Also responsible for Noggin the Nog, Bagpuss and The Clangers amongst others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, upside downer said:

The great Oliver Postgate. Also responsible for Noggin the Nog, Bagpuss and The Clangers amongst others.

Indeed - Oliver Postgate was responsible for so many great Children's TV programmes, and they were all done on a very minimal budget
I believe his wife knitted all the Clangers! And the "studio" in which it was recorded was an old shed... painted with a tin of paint he "liberated" from the BBC set creating department

That piece of intro music is so evocative.... It just took me back, as soon as I heard it :)
Good luck sourcing the music. Cheers