Why become a member? ×

Rics what is the policy?

steviedee

Oh dear - two pages in and only one sensible answer to the OP. We're back to the same Basschat members with the same fixations on the same CEO with the same jokes as the last Rickenbacker thread disintegration......

A shame really because they're great sounding basses if you like that sort of thing (from what I see quite a few people do but don't bother with bass guitar forums these days - I wonder why 😬). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, drTStingray said:

Oh dear - two pages in and only one sensible answer to the OP. We're back to the same Basschat members with the same fixations on the same CEO with the same jokes as the last Rickenbacker thread disintegration......

A shame really because they're great sounding basses if you like that sort of thing (from what I see quite a few people do but don't bother with bass guitar forums these days - I wonder why 😬). 

The question was answered by a moderator in the first reply, pretty sure the OP got the info he needed.

18 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Tried to pick the book up but the edges were sharp against my hands then the binding started to unravel.

I tried to read it but couldn't work out where to put my right hand*

*Disclaimer - I actually quite like 'em, and have heard of a Zero Mod.

1 hour ago, BassBus said:

Just play authentic and there will be no problem.

OK, I'll sell my Faker's and buy Fender instead.

For as much as I would love to buy a genuine Ric, my finances say otherwise. Unfortunately, a lot of people are in a similar situation, so there is a demand for a lower priced, non-US made version, but it'll never happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skybone said:

OK, I'll sell my Faker's and buy Fender instead.

For as much as I would love to buy a genuine Ric, my finances say otherwise. Unfortunately, a lot of people are in a similar situation, so there is a demand for a lower priced, non-US made version, but it'll never happen.

I’ve got real Ric and fakers, no problem. 

4 hours ago, prowla said:

A faker sold for £700 (well, £699 + £25 p&p) today. 
Real Rics can be had for £1000. 

I was watching that one, when it was at the top end of the £400s with 30 seconds to go I decided that £500 including postage was way too much, then it jumped to £700, unreal. 

It was nice though, but even so. 

17 hours ago, drTStingray said:

:) Indeed so.

14 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I think there is quite a bit of resentment here from some veteran Basschatters over how JH has behaved with the Mods over the years.

That's about the size of it.

A shame really because they're great sounding basses if you like that sort of thing

Which, funnily enough, I do. The appearance and sound of the 4000 range is very much to my taste and many of my favourite players have sported Rics at one time or another. The first 'expensive' new bass I bought was a high-end Ibanez faker and doubtless I might have gone on to buying a real one in late life had not fate intervened (see below)

14 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

It might not be quite as bad if he hadn’t acted like such a monumental b3ll 3nd at the time.

When hero admin Hamster found himself on the sharp end of bellicose legal threats and outrageous personal obloquy I invoked the NATO principle that an attack on one is an attack on all. I suspended with immediate effect my then imminent purchase of a JetGlo 620 until such time as either Mr Hall is looking at the grass from the wrong side or I am.

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Oh......sorry. 

6 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

Oh......sorry. 

I can see how the ongoing vendetta might seem slightly excessive to those unacquainted with the lamentable events of yesteryear.

But the exchanges are there in black and white even though it would now take some time and effort to unearth the threads, the emails and the external posts on the Rick forums . Some may wish to search out the links but even now I find the matter still too painful to rehearse in any great detail.

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Like 1