Why become a member? ×

Nice that the kids still see our chosen instrument as cool

Mook

I see from the link that they are appearing at Nottingham Motorpoint Arena on Feb 15th 2020  I think I'll......

Be in washing my hair that night 😉

Edited by Raymondo
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

well I like it very much, just my sort of music.

And that,  ladles and jellyspoons, Is what makes the world go around.

No such thing as good or bad music; You either like it or you don't ,there is no right or wrong choice.  🙂

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

That's just noise!

😀😎

It's also one of my favourite albums 🤩 and you'll be appalled to hear that one of our best songs is based on the main 2 riffs from this!

However ours is punkfunk, and it's only the bass bits I've, erm, referenced - the rest of the band wouldn't believe me if I told 'em where it came from... 

• Like 1

I am immensely grateful to Ms beabadoobee for having taken such trouble to release this song.

It is very easy to evaluate one's like or dislike for a piece of music but far more difficult to quantify one's indifference. She Plays Bass will in future be the yardstick against which I shall compare my apathy towards other releases.

I shall ask myself'Does (song X) provoke a greater or smaller amount of crushing ennui than She Plays Bass? Is it more or less mediocre?' and the answer will be either 'Yes' or 'No'.

To be gifted that sort of mental clarity is to receive a priceless boon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

I shall ask myself'Does (song X) provoke a greater or smaller amount of crushing ennui than She Plays Bass? Is it more or less mediocre?' and the answer will be either 'Yes' or 'No'.

I think that's a little unfair. This musical... thing... is clearly the reference piece - the yardstick, if you like - by which any other track's suitability for inclusion on the next Now That's What I Call Music For Budget Hotel Bars album is to be assessed.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Teebs said:

None - I collect Care Bears instead!

:D

Gaaaaargh!

smiley

How is it even possible that I've run out of TLRTs AGAIN!?!?!?!?!    :o 

Could do you a swapsie? I've got a stash of Polly Pockets too, if you're interested?

And it's not even 10am. How can you use up all of your TLRTs so soon?

Have you found a way of giving them out by the handful?

Are you leaving a trail of them through the woods in the hope of luring travellers to your cottage?

• Haha 1