Why become a member? ×

Rackmounting IEM and Wireless units together

Muppet

I've currently got my IEM transmitter and wireless receiver units separate and I set them up independently each gig. I can't rack them with the PA  as I use them in different bands.

For ease of use can I rack them side by side in a 1 or 2U unit? My head tells me this is going to cause problems but I don't know why.  Is there any other mounting solution anyone knows of? Both are Sennheiser G4 units.  Thanks 

We have a shallow 4u rack, bottom to top...

rcf m18 mixer 2u

2 x Audio tecnica radio mics Receiver 1u CH38

2 x Sennheiser g2 item transmitters 1u CH70

At the rear, top we have a 1u bnc punched plate with bnc couplers through it with bnc cables linking to the receivers/transmitters and the antenna on the other side. 

Works a treat.

IME they will either work together flawlessly, or not!

It will be good old trial and error with that. One tip is to keep the aerials as far apart as possible.

9 hours ago, Muppet said:

I've currently got my IEM transmitter and wireless receiver units separate and I set them up independently each gig. I can't rack them with the PA  as I use them in different bands.

For ease of use can I rack them side by side in a 1 or 2U unit? My head tells me this is going to cause problems but I don't know why.  Is there any other mounting solution anyone knows of? Both are Sennheiser G4 units.  Thanks 

10 hours ago, Muppet said:

Strictly speaking, they should be mounted away from each other (up to 1m+) - although there are some factors that influence this. Generally, if you are using a low number of wireless channels and in your cases, the two frequencies are truly  intermodulation free, you are likely to be OK. The problem of interference becomes more of an issue when your channel count goes up and close proximity of transmitters and receivers can cause issues for one another. The best thing is, is to put the two side by side and test it. If it's good, it's good.

• Like 1