Why become a member? ×

FS/FT/PX: Beautiful '68 fretless Jazz 3TSB **SOLD PENDING THE USUAL**
£3000
Canterbury

Beedster

• 4 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic
  • MB1 unlocked this topic

Amazing, first time I’ve seen this. I’m only able to view the first 2 pics, don’t know if this is an issue on my side or the hosting. 

I have a pair of 68 sunburst Js - one is all original and the other a refin but both are really nice to play. 

7 hours ago, molan said:

Amazing, first time I’ve seen this. I’m only able to view the first 2 pics, don’t know if this is an issue on my side or the hosting. 

I have a pair of 68 sunburst Js - one is all original and the other a refin but both are really nice to play. 

No idea what’s happened there mate, will check and resolve ASAP. Cheers. Chris

8 hours ago, molan said:

Do you need more than two pictures to want this bass?

PX-wise I'd like to take away about £1500 cash but am happy to discuss studio gear, especially high quality rack units, acoustic guitars, top-end hifi etc. I'd also quite like a fretless Ric but that's a long shot I guess.......

Or another Modulus Flea :)

Edited by Beedster

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to list this on eBay this week, the thought of which doesn’t fill me with joy. However, having decided to let it go, I’d quite like it to go quickly before I change my mind again. I also have some other (non-bass) projects I’d quite like to put some cash into also, and they’re becoming pressing. 

So, given that I find eBay extremely stressful, and given that I will lose a lot of the sale price to fees, I’ll talk reasonable cash offers for this amazing bass. And if fretless Jazz/Jaco is your thing, this is a truly truly fantastic bass to own. 

Arghh, I’m talking myself out of it again :)

Cheers, Chris

PS I’ve sourced some period correct vintage Fender tuners to replace the (mysterious) Warwick models currently in place. 

PPS I've had a lot of messages about this already today. Please do not offer me any basses in exchange, unless it's a fretless Ric or a Modulus Flea as per the above. I know there are some lovely basses on offer, but I really do have enough lovely basses as it is. To be honest, cash is king on this at the moment, and on that basis I'm prepared to get into some serious haggling :)

Edited by Beedster

On 02/02/2020 at 09:41, Beedster said:

PX-wise I'd like to take away about £1500 cash but am happy to discuss studio gear, especially high quality rack units, acoustic guitars, top-end hifi etc. I'd also quite like a fretless Ric but that's a long shot I guess.......

Or another Modulus Flea :)

There’s a fretless Ric on eBay at the moment IIRC. 

BTW - I don’t get on with Jazzes and don’t really play fretless. But that.........oh my.......😳

Just now, 4000 said:

There’s a fretless Ric on eBay at the moment IIRC. 

Thanks mate, looked at it several times, but one photo, unresponsive seller and bad feeling is saying stay well clear (he's also advertising another Ric without even a photo). I've never had a bass that can really nail some awesome bass tones quite like my old 4003FL :)  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

How has this not sold? I thought this was the kinda bass that would fly off the forum.

Thanks Luke, sign of the times I guess mate. I keep going around in circles on it to be honest, one minute I think I should never have bought such as expensive bass given that I already had a fretless Jazz (and one better suited to me because it has a fat neck whilst the '68 has a very thin neck), the next minute I can't believe my luck to own such a dream instrument. The more I play it the more I want to keep it, so I'm keeping it firmly locked in its case at the moment.

I'm going to list it on eBay this evening, so to avoid the stress of that I'd welcome cash offers in the meantime :)

Edited by Beedster

Five years ago, I started my ads here on BC by selling my pristine Fender 1970 Precision Bass Fretless fully original at the correct price and my all original (except for one neck, see below) 1968 Fender Jazz Bass in heavy relic condition with two necks (one fully original fretted and one fretless with a new Brazilian rosewood fingerboard) at a more than decent price.

It took ages to go and I ended up fully trading them both...

Hope you'll find someone to buy yours, because eBay is certainly not the place to sell it. ☹️

Edited by Hellzero
Spelling

On 22/02/2020 at 10:49, Hellzero said:

Hope you'll find someone to buy yours, because eBay is certainly not the place to sell it. ☹️

Thank you mate, I realised that this evening as I started to write the listing. I think I’ll just let it sit here a little longer, I’ve put a Warmoth FL Precision neck in it which I’d much more to my liking also :)

• Like 2

On 22/02/2020 at 11:16, johnbiffa said:

Hi Chris, you and your fretless Ric's

I know John, I should never  have sold it, then bought it back, and then sold it again :)

Admittedly the second time was out of financial necessity when we were buying a new house, but still regret it! 

• MB1 locked this topic