Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine's new Hack!

Dood

At the risk of sounding like blowing ones own on the most popular of bass forums, I bring you some news (which means a great, great deal to me) that I hope you will be pleased to read.

I am super happy to have been invited on board and have joined the brilliant team over at Bass Guitar Magazine.

To begin with I will be bringing you a column each month best described by BGM's editor in a recent social media post:

"At the recent UK Guitar Show, a reader of Bass Guitar mag suggested that I run a monthly column devoted to solving bass players' problems, gear-related rather than connected to personal grooming or relationships, I should add. "A capital idea!" I said, and pondered who the right hack would be. Ideally someone who knows bass gear inside out, is an experienced writer, has the right facial hair and whose picture in the mag won't scare cows at 100 paces. I'm delighted to announce that the great Dan Veall is the chap who got the gig: you can read his first column on 10 Dec in Bass Guitar and 24 Dec in Bass Player. Round of applause for new bug Dan, team! "

The Last Note Teaster BGM Dan Veall.jpg

Edited by Dood
  • Like 43

You will, of course, be getting to keep some seriously stonking planks, courtesy of BGM/Manufacturers.

I'd like to stick my tatty old oar in, and claim first dibs on a nice fretless 4 string, before the great unwashed manky crew on BC get wind of any freebies.

Ta

• Thanks 1