Why become a member? ×

No Gas 2020?

Quilly

New Years resolution : no daft purchases for 2020? Is this possible ? I dunno how many white elephants I’ve bought over the years ...decent gear just sitting idle because of Gas only to be resold months later at a loss of course ☹️. It’s not like I Need the stuff...who’s with me ?

It's not that there's nothing I want.

It's more that if I don't spend that money on getting the bathroom sorted I may very well find  myself spending a lot more time with my guitars than I had anticipated next year.

Edited by Cato
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Cato said:

It's not that there's nothing I want.

It's more that if I don't spend that money on getting the bathroom sorted I may very well find  myself spending a lot more time with my guitars than I had anticipated next year.

Sounds like a win-win to ms!

• Haha 3

No chance I'll be abstaining in 2020 already making enquiries on the cost of a fretless Ibanez SR something or other which I think will complete my bass collection (stop laughing at the back). Have thought about reducing my collection of other instruments, maybe a guitar that could go. Might add a low C whistle (Stairway, El Condor Pasa ........)

Think 2020 will be the year my direction settles down after a first frenetic year of learning and going from completely clueless to sort of competent/safe to be let out of the house. I've been pretty amazed at the way things have developed and changed, even when I'm not practising, I have theory insights (usually in the bath) and riffs coming into my head out of the ether. (early hours or I wake up with them in my head).

Given that I’m leaving my band I’ll be in the position of offloading a lot of gear. Am currently trying to justify to myself that having 3 Precisions when not in a band is acceptable. So if anything my GAS for 2020 is finding a reason to keep stuff I don’t need, rather than buying more stuff I don’t need.

This year I've actually sold off 3 basses among several other instruments so I  couldn't really explain away any new gear to mrs Spiders. Still, if ever a preloved  Fender Jazz or Stingray Classic, both in natural finishes, ever came my way I might not be able to restrain myself

Edited by Barking Spiders

3 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

I just want a Fender 51 P-Bass reissue. Then I'm sorted and happy.

I got the cheapo one from Thomann , Harley Benton , spent another £30 on a set up , fret dress and now it plays and sounds fantastic. Big fat maple neck only around £130 in total . It’s a seriously good bass 

Edited by Quilly
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Ted Theodore Logan, III said:

Got GAS?!!.... o.O

USE THE TOILET!!!....

fd96dde9edc98adfe54ec1e11a156956.jpg.d5f6604907d6bad33d3118af4c2265a4.jpg

THE TOILET SEAT BASS, that is!!!*

* Disclaimer: Do Not use the “Toilet Seat Bass" as either a “Toilet Seat" or a “Bass".  Both will end messy!!

I had a toilet seat bass once but had to sell it - my wife was forever telling me to put it down.

• Haha 3

I havent bought anything this year, except a new allen and heath desk for my duo.

I'm just about done with gigging on the bass, I think I've done about 10 gigs at most this year. My last gig has left me with neck pain again so I'm seriously thinking of having a clear out, which is great news for you guys with gas. I'll only keep my stalwarts of basses and anything that is REALLY light.

I have one or two REALLY cool basses, think Sting, John Taylor (not that he had an SBR-150), Sting, Sting again, lol

watch the classifieds for more details