Why become a member? ×

Machines for a Levinson Blade

prowla

Can anybody help me on this: I need a set of machines for a Levinson Blade neck it's a Japanese Texas model.

9hYewws.jpg?1

tJuRGuK.jpg

I've finished a couple of projects, so I'd like to get the guitar I've built around this finished...

I'd like to do it without drilling new holes.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Pete1967 said:

Yeah - spot on. Probably better than the originals

Someone on another site said that they thought the originals were Gotohs too!

This is a really good neck, BTW - Blades are fine instruments.

I've currently got it on a Warman body, but I think it might merit a better one. The downside is that the overhang in the neck pocket is deeper than a normal Fender fretboard extension, as it includes the truss-rod adjuster; that means that the bulkhead between the neck pocket and the neck pickup well needs to be cut down.

I've worked on a couple of Blades - very underrated instruments. I'm just slightly confused by the headstock on yours because Levinson's headstock it different to that - might just be a variant that I've not come across though. Adjusting a neck pocket is fairly straightforward with the right skills and tools.. the scratch plate would probably need to be done too (if there is one).

5 hours ago, Pete1967 said:

I've worked on a couple of Blades - very underrated instruments. I'm just slightly confused by the headstock on yours because Levinson's headstock it different to that - might just be a variant that I've not come across though. Adjusting a neck pocket is fairly straightforward with the right skills and tools.. the scratch plate would probably need to be done too (if there is one).

They originally did a Fender shape and then modified it to avoid the possibility of legalities...