Why become a member? ×

Ok!  So I've had to edit my Stingray advert as the moderators have sent me a private message to tell me it's just too darn silly and makes no sense!!

I'm just kidding...

The moderators are far too accepting of weirdos and the mentally deranged to ask of such a thing... :|

So basically, it has become apparent that people DO want my awesome Bass gear and that they have just been waiting for Santa to line their pockets with filthy Capitalistic paper notes before making any further enquiries into obtaining said gear... 

With that being the case, I can now “officially" offer my beautiful Stingray for sale for £950.

I'm no longer accepting trades for tins of baby sweetcorn as I have recently traded an Ian Hill Custom Spector Bass Guitar for several thousand tins of the stuff and I won't need any more tins of baby sweetcorn until at least Easter...

So, that's the edit... Well worth a read, right?!... :scratch_one-s_head:

(I've also added a picture of the hard shell case).

Now back to the original guff below;

(If you haven't read it already I implore you, please don't read it!  It's just the nonsensical ramblings of a deranged madman.  I'll save you the hassle and just let you know that I have a Music Man Stingray for sale priced at £950)

Original guff;

I'm assuming that y'all beautiful BC'ers are clued up on what a Stingray is but just in case you are not I shall inform you that it's a species of fish belonging to the “sea ray" group and from what I hear, they are highly respected by the Alligator and Crocodile communities... For what reason I'm sure I do not know... :scratch_one-s_head:

I'm just messing with you... It's actually a 1964 science fiction television series created with the use of marionette puppetry and, at the time, was rather popular with the youth and adults alike... 

In fact, I believe children nowadays are still rather fond of the big budget, special effect laden animated TV series. I know that I'm always hearing those kids singing the “Stingray" theme song as they trot home from school with their Beano comics and ¼ pound bag of boiled sweets.... 

“STINGRAY... STINGRAY!!.. da, da, da, na-na, na-na.."

“STINGRAY... STINGRAY!!.. da, da, na-na.."

Ha, ha, ha!!! Those little whipper snappers, I remember the... 

“Hey!... HEY!!! GET THE F*CK OFF MY GARDEN!!!"

“DON'T YOU BRUSH BY MY CAR!!!"

“GO PLAY OUTSIDE YOUR MUM'S HOUSE!!!"

“KEEP IT DOWN!!! I'M TRYING TO THE SLAP THE SH*T OUT'A THIS BASS AT AN OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD VOLUME AND YOUR INCESSANT WAILING AND HIGH PITCHED SCREAMS ARE DOING NOTHING FOR MY DOUBLE THUMB TECHNIQUE!!!"

Ha, ha... Kids, aren't they great... :$

Anyway, where was I?... Oh yeah, Captain Scarlet...

“Captain Scarlet, he's the one who knows the Mysteron game!!..."

So yeah, my beautiful Captain Scarlet Music Man Stingray Thunderbirds* are go Bass is up for sale (or trade should you have the required number of tinned baby sweet corn to hand)†...

* Disclaimer: this is NOT a Gibson Thunderbird Bass

She's a mid 00's model USA Stingray with three band active eq and all the beautiful Music Man “Mother Bucking" tone you could want!!

Previous owner had the factory nut replaced with a bronze nut and aside from that the rest of the instrument is all original and in “Top Cat" condition!!! (excellent condition)

I wanna say the colour of the instrument is Scarlet as I don't know many other shades of red however I did type “scarlet red" in my web browser search engine whilst the safe search filter was off and “YEESH!!!", it's certainly not that colour... That was closer to a coral or salmon pink... o.O

Fantastic colour though and with a beautiful matching headstock to boot!! Yes, the carpet does indeed match the drapes with this little fiery red head!.. “I'm talking about the Bass, you dirty-bird!.. not miss “Scarlet Red". 

Dunno what else to say really... it's a Music Man Stingray... You've all seen one before and I'm hoping that you've all played one and if you haven't, I just might know where there's one for sale... :i-m_so_happy:

21 frets and a standard 34" scale length. This little Scarlet Pimpernel weighs in at around 4.6kg.

Speaking of Scarlet Pimpernel, Ricky 4000 posted a link in another thread to a rather amusing little ditty that is featured in the Broadway musical “The Scarlet Pimpernel". The song has since chosen to reside in my head and has assured me that it won't be leaving anytime soon... I feel that the only way I might get it to leave me alone is by sharing the link and making others aware of it... Kinda like the plot of “The Ring" movies (SPOILER ALERT!!) Oh, wait... Should that have come first?... 

Anyway, watch and listen, “If you'd be so kind..."

That's about it really... 
Comes with the Music Man fitted hard shell case... Ooh! ...and I think the colour could be close to “Cardinal" red, if you're quite particular about your shades of red... 
“Sigh" I remember simpler times when there were literally just six colours, four being varying shades of grey...

I can post the Music Man, insured at buyers expense (or uninsured if you're a reckless cheapo!!). 
Also happy to meet within reasonable distance should you provide the funds to feed my vehicle with the fuel it so regularly desires!! “Feed me, Seymour... FEED ME!!!" “Sorry, did you just say something?..
Also visits are welcome, though hard-hats and goggles are required at all times and all visitors must remain at least six feet from the glass...

So without further ado, I present to you the gorgeous Stingray that could very well be yours... (Well, obviously it's not yours, it's mine but it could be yours for £950... or of course, the corn trade-off that I originally put forth)†...

†Corn trade-off no longer accepted.

“STINGRAY... STINGRAY!!.. da, da, da, na-na, na-na.."

Car+Wallpaper+Chevrolet+Corvette+C7+Stingray+2014+Red.jpg

Oops... Not that one...

Ocellate_river_stingray,_Boston_Aquarium.jpg

Darn... My mistake!!..

IMG_20191118_122930.jpg

There we go...

IMG_20191118_122908.jpg

IMG_20191118_122855.jpg

IMG_20191118_122737.jpg

IMG_20191118_122610.jpg

IMG_20191118_122557.jpg

IMG_20191118_122454.jpg

IMG_20191118_122400.jpg

IMG_20191118_122407.jpg

IMG_20191118_122440.jpg

IMG_20191118_122429.jpg

IMG_20191118_122422.jpg

IMG_20191118_122211.jpg

32b52e246d2bad6165105e8f9f62495c.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-130917.png

Hard Shell Case...

IMG_20200210_210135255.thumb.jpg.59748a3cc4f29b2e4b529d3d123f29ae.jpg

...and for those with no knowledge of what a ‘Stingray' in a ‘Shell' looks like...

Edited by gary mac
because he's a pedant
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Still not swept those Autumn Leaves up yet?

Well... funny you should mention those leaves...

I did get the Mrs to rake them all up and neatly bag them ready for her to take down to the recycling centre on her one afternoon off in the week. 

However, after taking photos of the Music Man without the leaves in the background I realised something was missing from the picture and so I opened the bags and scattered them around the garden again (you'll notice I was quite accurate in their placement as I used my previous photographs for reference).

Don't worry, after I'd finished taken the snaps I got the Mrs back out there to rake and bag them again  :i-m_so_happy:

# Early Black Friday 2020 promotion #

FREE BAG OF LAWN LEAVES WITH EVERY PURCHASE OF ONE OF MY BASS GUITARS*

* Does not apply to Bergantino AE410 Speaker Cabinet

(Bags of leaves may vary and could contain other garden waste including lawn clippings and twigs)

Edited by Ted Theodore Logan, III
because he just wanted to!! OK?!..
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Ted Theodore Logan, III said:

Well... funny you should mention those leaves...

I did get the Mrs to rake them all up and neatly bag them ready for her to take down to the recycling centre on her one afternoon off in the week. 

However, after taking photos of the Music Man without the leaves in the background I realised something was missing from the picture and so I opened the bags and scattered them around the garden again (you'll notice I was quite accurate in their placement as I used my previous photographs for reference).

Don't worry, after I'd finished taken the snaps I got the Mrs back out there to rake and bag them again  :i-m_so_happy:

# Early Black Friday 2020 promotion #

FREE BAG OF LAWN LEAVES WITH EVERY PURCHASE OF ONE OF MY BASS GUITARS*

* Does not apply to Bergantino AE410 Speaker Cabinet

(Bags of leaves may vary and could contain other garden waste including lawn clippings and twigs)

Just leave it out....

• Haha 1

What á Lot of Crap!!!

(did not read it all at all)

and one Freaking! Funky!!! Bass!!!

Must say one of the most beuatyfull Musicman I’ve seen

Wauv! Good Luck with sale!

(dont sell that Musicman for that

kind of silly coin)

ok just have to read it Cool!

& I just Love your potamotrygon motoro, how big is your Tank?

or do you just drive around in that

ugly sports car all the time?-

[•_•]-~{*_*}+

Love this Forum!

5 hours ago, potato bass said:

What á Lot of Crap!!!

(did not read it all at all)

and one Freaking! Funky!!! Bass!!!

Must say one of the most beuatyfull Musicman I’ve seen

Wauv! Good Luck with sale!

(dont sell that Musicman for that

kind of silly coin)

ok just have to read it Cool!

& I just Love your potamotrygon motoro, how big is your Tank?

or do you just drive around in that

ugly sports car all the time?-

[•_•]-~{*_*}+

Love this Forum!

Ah... Mr Potato...

There is clearly no pulling the proverbial “wool" over your keen and astute eyes... 

You are indeed correct, that is “one Freaking! Funky!!! Bass!!!" and for you to have deciphered that from betwixt the numerous paragraphs of “Crap!!!" I commend and salute you... 

You are clearly a well educated and informed individual, truly worthy of wielding such a magnificent and powerful instrument as the “Cardinal Red Musicman Stingray with Maple neck and matching headstock".  (Please PM for further details)

In regards to the size of my “Tank", I shall have you know that that is a private matter and one I shall not begin to discuss in such a public forum.  Good day to you, sir!..

(The forum loves you too...) :hi:

4 hours ago, Si600 said:

I'm not going anywhere near Raymondo, I like my internal organs where they're supposed to be thank you.

A common mistake, however I am referring to Raymond Fothergill as pictured below;1029164977_Ocellate_river_stingray_Boston_Aquarium.thumb.jpg.5bcd06ebe1b3748eca70f14e1d328367.jpg

Not the infamous “Raymondo"' harvester of organs and plotter of all things nefarious... 

Screenshot_20191213-103526.png

I believe the mugshot from his criminal record says it all...

Edited by Ted Theodore Logan, III
because Raymond Fothergill requested so...
  • Haha 2

For the time being I play pasive Bass

(just wanted to coment on one

of the best looking Basses)

Newer played a bad Stingray

nor one that did not feel good

& I played á hole lot of them

I think MM has maybe the higest

standard in the industri 

4.5 kilo will give crazy punch for slapping , & á wery sollid tone! in general

together with one of the best Preamps ewer made.~{*_*}~

I dont recall who Leo Fender got

help from to do the preamp, or if he did it alone? I think Louis Johnson had a big Impact on the Stingray design

corect me if i’m wrong

Edited by potato bass

6 minutes ago, J_Bass said:

Would a trade interest you? 

I have a Sandberg California Supreme VM4. 

Maybe a Maruszczyk Jazz Fretless? 

“Ooooh.... Trades!!!"  How tantalisingly tempting!!

Thank you for your interest... & kind offers.

Both of the instruments you mention are supreme contenders however not quite what I'm in search of to fit my current musical requirements... I probably need something simpler like this...

Screenshot_20191218-211430.png

• Like 1