I’ve had this bass for a couple of years, but it’s not getting a lot of use as I’m really not playing 5 stringers any more, so I’m looking to let it go...
Just been professionally serviced and set up with new strings (Ernie Ball Slinky).
I’d be interested in trades for a MIJ/MIM jazz bass, I’m after a 60s/62 reissue ideally, also roadworns. Will add cash for the right bass/one of higher value than my Ray.
Bass in located in Norwich (as am I 😆). I have a soft case for the bass, could courier as I have a guitar box to pack it in, or I’d consider delivering in East Anglia for the right trade/price etc! 😊
Any questions, just ask...
High-end bass by Philippe Deputte Luthier Artist.
- Walnut table with inserts in black pear
- Swamp Ash body 3 parts wavy maple neck
- Graphite reinforcements and Truss Rod double actions.
- Speckled maple fingerboard, abalone inlays. Scale 34 '
- Walnut veneered head, Hipshot Tuners
- Hipshot bridge 18mm
- Bone nut.
- Neck / body connection by step inserts mechanical, optimized vibrations.
- Maple and ebony railing
- Very dynamic and precise through B string.
- BENEDETTI microphones exclusive MIC system (switchables pickups). Contact by copper plates. A Precision, a Jazz and a double Humbucker.
- John East Uni pre 3 Electronic Preamp with Volume control / Balance stacked pots Parametric medium / boost medium stacked Bass / treble stacked - Switch 2 positions 1 active / passive - Switch for pickups 1 + 2 or 1 + 3
- 3.45 kgs !! Perfectly balanced.
Each point of this bass has been designed for optimal ergonomics. Whether the choice of the profile of the handle and its radius, as well as certain details that are important such as the jack plug in the back and the front strap attachment which allows to have a flat strap, which does not pull not on the shoulder.
Fantastic playing sensations. Very low action. It falls perfectly on the shoulder, no tiredness of play even after a very long gig.
Supplied with Hiscox case.
New strings set La Bella Super Steps 45-128.
Very versatile modern and vintage sounds
Links and follow-up of its creation: https://onlybass.com/topic/87754-projet-duo-lutherie-l3m/
Price include shipment from France 🇫🇷 to Europe with insurance.
Selling this awesome bass, only because it's not getting used as I finally got the Stingray Classic I've been looking for!
Been used a lot but in great condition.
Has a few scuffs here and there, worst being marks around the jack socket, and a small chip in the front top contour.
Had a couple of nuts break on me so ended up getting one cut(still compensated) Its solid and it's never broken since! Have photographed the worst bits. All cosmetic ofcourse, absolutely no issues with the performance of the bass at all.
It sounds awesome, can get a great range from the pickups/eq, always ended up being bass I used for any recording or studio work. Nice weight, with a decent strap its never been an issue, feels nice and solid.
Have the Musicman hardcase for it too.
Not prepared to post, at least for now. Welcome to come and give it a play.
Given it a nice clean up and a set up. Strung with month old Ernie Ball strings.
*Weighed on bathroom scales and its around 5kg. Probably just over, it's a bit of a beast! But it's worth it, and with a decent strap it's not a problem.
Any questions please ask!