Why become a member? ×

Off to see a Frenchman about an amp (or two)

andytoad

Well, since i sold my TE Hexavalve, i have been on the nose for a replacement (or a aQuatravalve) as i missed it so much. A couple of weeks ago a Hexa turned up in Lille France.

It turns out its my old amp!

Im close to Dover so Ive skipped on a ferry to pick it up. Its the same nice fellow i sold it to who is meeting me in Calais.

He was on the lookout for a Twinvalve which I have so we are trading with some €’s his way.

I SWEAR i will never sell the Hexa again!

Cheers!

😁

image.thumb.jpg.fd1576d28ca1315888bb20f1ade7aad8.jpg

Edited by andytoad
  • Like 20

Glad to hear you're being reunited with your old Trace...

I have a similar tale with my Overwater...sold to @claustra , bought it back when he posted it for sale and now I've put it up for sale again the original owner is trying to get the money together to buy it back...

Some things aren't meant to be sold....all I need now is to find the German buyer who bought my old Status Artist and get him to part with it...

• Like 2

That said, my wife and I love Lille and of course the gaufres de chez Meert.

Over here, where I'm coming from in the deep south of Belgium, we have the same Picard patois than the one of the chtis. Funny as 250 kilometers are between us... Our local dialect is also a Picard patois : le gaumais.

• Like 1