Why become a member? ×

Annoying audience members - band responses

mcnach

I was reading about how a bass player in another band dealt with an audience member who was not behaving very well... and it led to finding a few videos of different bands reacting to various situations. Some more deserved than others, but all 'entertaining' in some way...

I'm not here to propose violence as a way to solve our differences... but sometimes, I have to admit, it becomes tempting. 

Now, here's a few examples of bands reacting to audience members who, really, should have known better...

First, the Keith Richards classic:

Then, there's Jesus Lizard... a guitarist who didn't appreciate an idiot launching and falling against his amplifier

Of course, there's Axel Rose... 

• Like 1

I did hit someone who was spitting at us in the face straight on with the headstock of my bass many years ago. Back in my early 20s I had the energy, strength, anger and ability to do that sort of stuff (as in lift a bass guitar higher than waist height). Nowadays I’d probably criticise their curtains or something equally severe.

• Haha 9

58 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Back in my early 20s I had the energy, strength, anger and ability to do that sort of stuff (as in lift a bass guitar higher than waist height). Nowadays I’d probably criticise their curtains or something equally severe.

I originally read this as “Back in the early 20s”

We’ve met and you didn’t look like you’d already received a card from the queen... 🤔 

• Haha 1

I remember seeing the Rollins Band, many years back, and one guy kept getting on the stage. Obviously he'd wait for Hank to be over the other side before doing it, then leap off as Hank moved towards him.
The guy then got his timing wrong and Rollins caught him in mid air and pulled him back on the the stage. For the rest of the song Rollins held the guy, one handed, behind him. The song lasted about 8 minutes. At the end of the song Rollins just stared right in to the guy's eyes and without saying a word threw him off stage.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bartelby said:

Of all the people to flip with, JJ would be right near the bottom of my list...

Yup... 

That semi-grin at 25 seconds or so... I wouldn't like to be at the other end. It's the grin of the psychopath that knows is about to taste blood and he was hungry ;)

PS: not implying that JJ is/was a psychopath, just in case! :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bartelby said:

I remember seeing the Rollins Band, many years back, and one guy kept getting on the stage. Obviously he'd wait for Hank to be over the other side before doing it, then leap off as Hank moved towards him.
The guy then got his timing wrong and Rollins caught him in mid air and pulled him back on the the stage. For the rest of the song Rollins held the guy, one handed, behind him. The song lasted about 8 minutes. At the end of the song Rollins just stared right in to the guy's eyes and without saying a word threw him off stage.

Brilliant!!! 

That guy's intensity... he doesn't need to do anything or say anything :D

16 hours ago, bartelby said:

At the end of the song Rollins just stared right in to the guy's eyes and without saying a word threw him off stage.

I can just imagine it. A stare that said "Just try doing that again. Please."

16 hours ago, bartelby said:

Of all the people to flip with, JJ would be right near the bottom of my list...

...along with Rollins.

• Like 2