Why become a member? ×

BOSS sy-1000

2pods

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/boss-sy-1000-guitar-synthesizer

Did we know about this ?

Complete with bass mode a la GR-55, but boasting an acoustic bass model and unspecified poly FX. Hopefully from the VB99 such as the defretter. I really miss the fretless electric and Double Bass mode.

Though if its just a merger of the GR-55 and the SY-300 I won't bother.

Nope. My question was is the bass (and guitar for that matter) modelling going to have some more of the VB99 virtual models, rather than the subset of them found in the GP-10 and GR-55, which amounted to Pbass, Jbass, and a strange acoustic guitar bass.

I was thinking more of the fretless, double bass, the one whose name we may never utter (RK), the likes of the defretter etc. The bass models WOULD need a GK2/3B, also if you want to use pitch to midi.

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

The GP-10 doesn't work on the bass - ie, not just badly, it filters out frequencies of the low strings.

I know, but there are bass models on it. You just have to play them with a GK. If you like doing that.

I was using a GR55 with a GK3B equipped bass, and the bass models are the same.

Well, I'd have to buy a GK3B (again) and another bass to put it on. it's mounting up !

Not long sold a couple of GKBs, a GR55 and a GK, and well before that a VB99.

I'd have to see the manual and give it a try first this time. I found the GR55 a disappointment, so its Helix at the mo for bass and guitar with GP-10 for guitar synth

21 minutes ago, 2pods said:

Nope. My question was is the bass (and guitar for that matter) modelling going to have some more of the VB99 virtual models, rather than the subset of them found in the GP-10 and GR-55, which amounted to Pbass, Jbass, and a strange acoustic guitar bass.

I was thinking more of the fretless, double bass, the one whose name we may never utter (RK), the likes of the defretter etc. The bass models WOULD need a GK2/3B, also if you want to use pitch to midi.

Oh ok. I think I read there are 11 bass models in this so presume that’ll cover the VB99 types plus more but unclear whether it’ll let you move virtual pickups about like you can in the VB99. Probably have to wait for a manual I think. 

12 minutes ago, ped said:

I’m not sure what it offers over the VB99 though really - and I know I’m in the huge minority here but I much prefer the ‘desktop’ format of the VB99 for playing at home in my pants 

Do you put the VB99 in your pants just to stop it getting scratched?? 😮

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Hey ya's 
Forgot about this site for a few years, so I'm back !!

The SY-1000 is still one of my fav bits of gear, a great bit of kit, the bass models and amps are super good !!

Here is my latest killer pedal board incarnation, 

GK 13 pin 1:2 splitter (top right)

SY-1000 with a couple of power supplies hidden under.

new Boss GM-800 PCM Zencore synth with GKC-AD converter under it

Tech21 VtBass analog preamp/dirt

Boss VE-500 vocal processor, pitch harmonies controlled by the GM-800 bass to midi output.

EV-5 expression pedal into the SY-1000, then midi to the GM-800.

DIY midi note foot pedal to GM-800 via SY-1000 midi thru, plays the parts 3 &4 of the GM-800 synth, some serious bass synths happening.

Output is stereo to desk with a passive mixer, and mono mix to stage amp.

20240207_205733.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, gumtown said:

Hey ya's 
Forgot about this site for a few years, so I'm back !!

The SY-1000 is still one of my fav bits of gear, a great bit of kit, the bass models and amps are super good !!

Here is my latest killer pedal board incarnation, 

GK 13 pin 1:2 splitter (top right)

SY-1000 with a couple of power supplies hidden under.

new Boss GM-800 PCM Zencore synth with GKC-AD converter under it

Tech21 VtBass analog preamp/dirt

Boss VE-500 vocal processor, pitch harmonies controlled by the GM-800 bass to midi output.

EV-5 expression pedal into the SY-1000, then midi to the GM-800.

DIY midi note foot pedal to GM-800 via SY-1000 midi thru, plays the parts 3 &4 of the GM-800 synth, some serious bass synths happening.

Output is stereo to desk with a passive mixer, and mono mix to stage amp.

20240207_205733.jpg

Are you the chap who wrote the software for the Boss GT10-B?

5 hours ago, gumtown said:

Yes, that's me..

That was a while back, done few more for more recent gear that I have.

I owe you a huge "thank you"! That software was outstanding, really ahead of its time... As was the Boss GT10-B. Really made getting under the skin of that pedal easy for someone more interested in playing bass than programming. I reckon Line 6 owe you royalties! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoirBass said:

+1 from me. Thanks @gumtown I’ve followed your many years of work over on the Vguitar forum too. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Me too !

However, as I have no longer have an SY-1000, I haven't been on there for a while