Why become a member? ×

Your fantasy number

leschirons

Sorry if this has been done before but I did search.

You know that fantasy that most of us have probably had where (normally at the start of a playing career) you imagine that Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, Mark King, Roger Glover, Chris Squire or whoever, has slammed their hand in the limo door and the MD shouts out "is there anybody here that can play......."  That number that you've nailed because you just love it. Hard or simple, doesn't matter. Just that dream song that you'd love to play with THAT band, on stage, and get to be the hero.

Out of interest, mine's Danger, breakdown dead ahead by Bozz Scaggs.

Edited by leschirons
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

If Robbie Shakespeare wasn’t available, it would be my dream to play any Black Uhuru song, with sly Dunbar, who in my opinion is the best reggae drummer ever, the headline would read ,  Sly & Tony 😀

One of my fave drummers in any genre and a big inspiration to my own drumming. 

Viz the bass job it would probably be standing in for Bootsy on Up For The Down Stroke by Parliament. Why? cos it's a tune that's as funky as f***

• Like 1

Blimey, so many to choose from. It would have to be something / someone really important for me from all the years I've been in bands, so probably 'Honky Tonk Woman' with the Stones, just to play with Charlie and Keith in particular. Failing that, playing anything with Bruce Springsteen / Steve Van Zandt / Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes would be great, as I could probably wing most of their tunes without too much trouble!

7 minutes ago, upside downer said:

That's just mad, I was just about to post this. I feel spooked! Great minds etc.

How odd! It was difficult to choose from the album (my favourite of all time) but Poptones... I just love that bassline so much, definitely formative and hugely influential on my playing.

2 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

How odd! It was difficult to choose from the album (my favourite of all time) but Poptones... I just love that bassline so much, definitely formative and hugely influential on my playing.

Same here. Love Wobble's simple yet effective style. No overplaying and serving the songs.