Why become a member? ×

Awesome unusual P Bass, any info?

EJWW

There's a fabulous looking P Bass for sale near me, the seller claims it's a 1995 model but I've never seen one like this.

I love the finish but I reckon it's been modded with a new bridge and custom scratchplate. 

Anyone seen one of these or have any further info they can offer? I am tempted...

20191204_195250.jpg

20191204_195318.jpg

20191204_195224.jpg

Seen the finish before, cheapy bass such as Groove, Benson, SX, someone like that. After market decal that bridge has side to side motion on the saddles Schaller 3D style?

As Andy says, not a Fender, but potentially a nice bitsa project at something like £100.

It's amazing how good some of these things can be with a bit of decent hardware & work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Yeah that's a cheapy, think Karl is right with Benson.

The burst looks pretty naff to me, if you wanted a quality bass with that finish then Mighty Mite do a much nicer version which will be better quality. On sale now too!
https://www.byoguitar.com/Guitars/Mighty-Mite-Fender-Replacement-P-Bass-Body__MM2702AF.aspx

PBassBlueBurst.jpg

I like that 

7 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

BYO small print.

"This is our last Mighty Mite PBass body and it is only available in black."

To be fair, you can only choose Black from the drop down box and the main photo on the page is this:
PBassBlackMed.jpg

So they're not doing a bait and switch...

Edited by bartelby

13 hours ago, karlfer said:

Seen the finish before, cheapy bass such as Groove, Benson, SX, someone like that. After market decal that bridge has side to side motion on the saddles Schaller 3D style?

As Andy says, not a Fender, but potentially a nice bitsa project at something like £100.

It's amazing how good some of these things can be with a bit of decent hardware & work.

I think you discovered that at my house the other day Karl :D