Why become a member? ×

Bass guitar rack ?

J66Bass

I had the version where the basses slt in sideways but i found you had to be very careful when removing and returning basses in the middle in case you hit the ones each side of it. 

Image result for bass guitar stands images

You can get floor stands that hold 3 basses all facing outwards. I'd go for that type altho mine are mostly wall hangers but that needs to be very well secured to wall battens behind the plasterboard.

Dave

• Thanks 1

I have a Gravity Vari-G9 - it's great

https://www.thomann.de/gb/gravity_vari_g_9.htm

Edited coz on checking my order history I saw it was the G9 rather than the G7

I have 5 electric basses, 1 electric guitar, 1 acoustic bass and 1 acoustic guitar in it - and no room for more.

Edited by Twigman
  • Like 1

I use a smaller version of this one from Warwick:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/rockstand_rs20863.htm

works absolutely fine, as long as your basses can all sit securely on the two bars at the bottom

For my one instrument that won't (actually a seven string Gibson Explorer) I had a two guitar version of what @dmccombe7 suggests - the bottom that the guitar sits on can move so adjusts itself to the odd shape of the instrument...not the most stable and secure stand and not one I'd recommend to anybody.  The weight of the instrument is held away from the "core" and it's just not very stable, especially when you are taking one of the instruments off of it and the weight of the remaining one shifts. I do have a similar stand for just one guitar (which i use for an acoustic) and that is a lot more stable.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I had the version where the basses slt in sideways but i found you had to be very careful when removing and returning basses in the middle in case you hit the ones each side of it. 

You can get floor stands that hold 3 basses all facing outwards. I'd go for that type altho mine are mostly wall hangers but that needs to be very well secured to wall battens behind the plasterboard.

Dave

The three bass stand is ok BUT can get unbalanced when you take one out. I've got a stagg one and would only use it at home. They're more designed for guitars than basses and the way they handle weight shows this clearly, I've stopped taking mine for gigs because in dim lighting and a hurry to change between songs bad things can happen easily and Japanese P basses can end up face down in a pool of cider if not secured properly. I would personally prefer one like in the top picture, but guess there's pros and cons to every design. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

This Hercules rack is excellent, you can buy a cheap expansion pack to add more capacity. This is by far the best large rack I’ve ever used.

+1 for this. It's first-class.

My wife bought m one for Christmas a couple of years ago. I subsequently came to regret pointing out that she had created abundant spare capacity with all the empty individual stands. Apparently, that wasn't the point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Painy said:

How about one of these? Only holds 6 but at this time of year it could double as a Christmas tree. 😁

Screenshot_20191204_193303.jpg

Loving that Toto cover. First class. Guitarist does a fantatsic lead part. Not heard that song covered in a long time.

Dave

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Loving that Toto cover. First class. Guitarist does a fantatsic lead part. Not heard that song covered in a long time.

Dave

Thank you very much! It's a lot of fun to play (helped immensely by the fact that I play with some fantastic musicians) and always goes down surprisingly well considering it's not Sex on Fire or Mr Brightside. 😁

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Painy said:

Thank you very much! It's a lot of fun to play (helped immensely by the fact that I play with some fantastic musicians) and always goes down surprisingly well considering it's not Sex on Fire or Mr Brightside. 😁

Band sounds tight. I'd go see you guys if that's the quality of songs i might hear.

Where are you based

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Twigman said:

I have a Gravity Vari-G9 - it's great

https://www.thomann.de/gb/gravity_vari_g_9.htm

Edited coz on checking my order history I saw it was the G9 rather than the G7

I have 5 electric basses, 1 electric guitar, 1 acoustic bass and 1 acoustic guitar in it - and no room for more.

Here’s a pic

866341C3-AB1D-4315-AC0C-319704E348D8.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J66Bass said:

8 hours ago, J66Bass said:

I m looking for a good quality home guitar bass floor rack stand !so I like is your recommendation for up to 7 basses . Thanks for your help Jm

Hey J!!

Just a heads up... The rubber on some stands will damage the finish on certain guitars... Nitrocellulose finishes seem to be quite susceptible to marking if stored incorrectly.  I've even heard scare stories of rubber padding actually fusing to the guitars finish!!... :shok:

With an ever growing family of bass guitars, space around the home can become an issue... (This is why I live in the shed)

If you are considering a multi guitar rack it might also be an idea to consider individual gig bags. 

The gig bags will;

- Better protect your “babies" from accidental damage like knocks and scrapes

- Prevent dust gathering between pickups and bridge saddles 

- Protect against UV rays

- Avoid rubber rash from PVC stands

- Offer a level of protection against sudden temperature change

- Preserve the life of the strings

If you do a bit of web crawling you will likely find a basic bass gig bag for between £5 & £15.  I personally think it's a small price to pay to help protect that which brings you so much joy!! :i-m_so_happy:

Make sure to get the measurements right though as not all gig bags will fit a long or extra long bass guitar.

Pip pip

:hi:

Edited by Ted Theodore Logan, III
because basschat gremlins keep messing with his post