Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Jazz 60s Original CAR mint
£1050
Sevenoaks, Kent

Soledad

2018 Fender USA 'Original 60s' Jazz. Candy Apple Red, white or tort plate (both) , rosewood board, vintage hardware including reverse tuners, strap button on headstock, threaded string saddles, earth strip from back p'up to bridge, finger rest etc etc. '64 CS p'ups, clay dot markers, stack pots (see below) and the original factory VVT plate as well, rich glossy nitro finish, 60s C neck 9.5" rad, weighs around 9 1/2 lb.
Absolutely mint condition - one very small mark under where the bridge cover fits - practically invisible.

Points worthy of note:

- the factory original VVT plate is as new. The stack-pot plate is from 920D Custom - very neat and cool custom parts from USA. Their work is impeccable, worth a look.
- the maple neck is THE best I've ever seen on a US Fender - very close grain quarter-sawn which shows up the medullary rays in the wood - really hard to photograph but this neck is stunning and up there with the best CS necks I've seen.
- the CAR colour is hard to photograph too - it has a kind of radiance and depth that my pics don't capture

Bought this from a BCer quite recently and the reason I am selling is I have a day-to-day Jazz I gig with and this is just too mint to be entrusted to me.
Street price seems to be 1500, the 920D loom is another 100, plus the second genuine Fender plate (the aged white one, the tort was original) and 2 sets of new strings. I have original invoice for the bass from Wunjo Denmark St, who also fitted the 920D stacked plate.

About strings: has brand new LaBella 760FL just fitted, PLUS virtually new set of D'Addario rounds (45-100 I recall).

If you want to trim the price and like the standard VVT plate, I'll keep the 920D stack and knock a bit off the price.

NO trades sorry... OK there's a really slim chance I'd look at a good 5er but think wonga :)

FINALLY, original seller did some great pics (way better than mine) including tort plate fitted so take a look if you fancy

RJ8.thumb.jpg.6082e1b0036ae88d68511e418100b174.jpg

RJ1.jpg

RJ2.jpg

RJ3.jpg

RJ4.jpg

RJ5.jpg

RJ6.jpg

RJ7.jpg

RJ9.jpg

RJ10.jpg

RJ11.jpg

RJ12.jpg

RJ13.jpg

RJ14.jpg

RJ15.jpg

Edited by Soledad
typo in heading
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chewie said:

I bet that looks the Don with the tort guard on...!

Check original seller's pics - he did a very good job with lighting and has the tort guard on. 

and btw, when you say the Don, are we referring to the President of the USA? It's just that you capitalised the D. The headstocks are similar in tint I suppose.

Edited by Soledad

20 hours ago, Soledad said:

Check original seller's pics - he did a very good job with lighting and has the tort guard on. 

and btw, when you say the Don, are we referring to the President of the USA? It's just that you capitalised the D. The headstocks are similar in tint I suppose.

Lol.....