Why become a member? ×

New from Markbass - D2 head and cab

franzbassist

14 hours ago, HazBeen said:

Great sounding amps, but WHY do they insist on the childlike colour schemes..... beyond me.

Don’t mind the head, but the cabs come under my self imposed rule ‘looks like a Halfords knock off’. The head looks right up my street but I’m not sure the gains over my current LMT500 are big enough, especially with the low second hand value, despite it being excellent. 

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

You don't like yellow, Harry ?

Well I like yellow cheese, lego, bulldozers....bass amps not so much, although the Red on the MB Marcus also looks cheap. The colour schemes and visual design is more my gripe with MB. They are however great sounding amps, no doubt about it.

21 hours ago, HazBeen said:

Great sounding amps, but WHY do they insist on the childlike colour schemes..... beyond me.

Fear not. They would be foolish to ignore the mellow market.
There are rumours of a limited, "Beige Cardigan" edition being released. The end caps are supposed to be made of recycled leather elbow patches!
Get comfortable in your favourite armchair and gently feast your eyes on this leaked image. Speaking of leaked, I think it comes with some Markbass signature incontinence pads, lest we get too jiggy with those low frequencies.

ken-barlow-amp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Baceface said:

There are rumours of a limited, "Beige Cardigan" edition being released. The end caps are supposed to be made of recycled leather elbow patches!
Get comfortable in your favourite armchair and gently feast your eyes on this leaked image. Speaking of leaked, I think it comes with some Markbass signature incontinence pads, lest we get too jiggy with those low frequencies.

ken-barlow-amp.jpg

Someone has waaaay too much time on his hands.... :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

Someone has waaaay too much time on his hands.... :)

Someone has plenty of things he should be doing but is choosing to selflessly sacrifice cleaning the kitchen and bathroom so that I can enrich the forum with my ideas. I'm very generous in that way.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Baceface said:

ken-barlow-amp.jpg

Oh dear....

4 hours ago, Baceface said:

ken-barlow-amp.jpg

Does it have a map of the Pennines on the top so you can plan your Sunday hiking during the quieter numbers?

• Haha 1

On 04/12/2019 at 15:05, Baceface said:

ken-barlow-amp.jpg

Is there a release date for the Barlow? 

On 04/12/2019 at 15:05, Baceface said:

ken-barlow-amp.jpg

You've really set the bar low there, etc.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jay-syncro said:

Is there a release date for the Barlow? 

Not as yet. There's fierce dispute between going with the matching Wainwright's Guide shelf or the integrated pipe rack. Also the 1x8 "No-No-Lumbago" cab has to be redesigned so that the port can double up as druid robe storage.

They're also worried that any further delay may result in the target market actually dying off before they can buy the thing.