Why become a member? ×

NAD: Markbass Evo 1

franzbassist

Excited to give this a spin tonight!

2100D70B-B9B0-4703-9385-CD6E5ED258C1.jpeg

I play two basses on pretty much every gig, so something that allows me to swap between them with the minimum of fuss is a win in my eyes.

Built-in tuner, boost function and effects all switchable from the MIDI footswitch add to the fun.

I doubt I'll use the mix function much, but it's good to have it available.

Yes, the EQ is fairly limited, but I'm hoping the 12 amp models will provide me with a good core sound for each of my basses and then I can just tweak.

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 2

I bought myself one of these a couple of months back, and I must say, I'm really pleased with it :)
I bought mine because I need two separately controlled channels, as I often double up, playing bass guitar and swapping over to EUB or acoustic DB

I really like the sounds I get from it, and each bass I've put through it and every cab combination I use - I get a decent sound. I'm not sure which amp models the 12 pre-set sounds are based on, but they're a great feature, and there's quite an array of tones & sounds. I just play around until I get the "tone" I'm looking for, which varies depending on which bass I'm playing and which cab(s) I'm using.

The only real down-side to the amp IMHO, is that during a typical gig - where it tends to be dark. I can't see which control is which. You can easily see which channel is which, but can't tell which is the "Mid" or "high" control? and hmmm..... is that the "Master" dial, or the Headphone level control? Of course, Over time I'm sure I will just know which is which instinctively.

other than that, I really really like this amp. It has been my favourite head, and it helped me get the sound I want for Bass guitar, and / or upright and swapping between the two is simple

Happy NAD - let us know what you think after some rehearsals & gigs :)

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

What are the amp models based on?

1. Markbass Little Mark III
  2. Markbass TTE 500
  3. Trace GP12
  4. G&K RB700
  5. Ampeg SVT-VR
  6. Ampeg SVT-VR Blue Line Plus
  7. Sunn T
  8. Tech 21 Sansamp
  9. SWR Read Head
  10. Fender Bassman
  11. Vox AC120
  12. Marshall Major
2 minutes ago, Marc S said:

I bought myself one of these a couple of months back, and I must say, I'm really pleased with it :)

I bought mine because I need two separately controlled channels, as I often double up, playing bass guitar and swapping over to EUB or acoustic DB

I really like the sounds I get from it, and each bass I've put through it and every cab combination I use - I get a decent sound. I'm not sure which amp models the 12 pre-set sounds are based on, but they're a great feature, and there's quite an array of tones & sounds. I just play around until I get the "tone" I'm looking for, which varies depending on which bass I'm playing and which cab(s) I'm using.

The only real down-side to the amp IMHO, is that during a typical gig - where it tends to be dark. I can't see which control is which. You can easily see which channel is which, but can't tell which is the "Mid" or "high" control? and hmmm..... is that the "Master" dial, or the Headphone level control? Of course, Over time I'm sure I will just know which is which instinctively.

other than that, I really really like this amp. It has been my favourite head, and it helped me get the sound I want for Bass guitar, and / or upright and swapping between the two is simple

Happy NAD - let us know what you think after some rehearsals & gigs :)

Sounds like a very similar situation to me.  Really looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Yes, Gareth, let us know your thoughts after a gig or two. That head is under my radar as I need two channels too, but need to be able to mix them as I have separate outputs for the magnetic and piezo on my main bass. Working fine with the Ground Stereo Pre as it has the mutes on each channel, but I like to move as little as possible gear...

My apologies to franzbassist then for derailment of his thread with my totally uninformed comment and I’ll remember to consult you hellzero before I ever dare post on here again to make sure I have my information correct 😁..oh and sorry to all the manufacturers too! 
over and out x

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tubbybloke68 said:

My apologies to franzbassist then for derailment of his thread with my totally uninformed comment

No worries.  What would BC be without a little thread derailment now and then? :)

7 hours ago, la bam said:

Are you using the Speakon out, or Jack's to cab?

Also, have you tried the gnd lift, just in case.

I tried the jacks but didn't check the ground lift.  Anyway, it doesn't matter now as the retailer has arranged for it to go to Real Electronics for a warranty repair.  Hopefully they can turn it round quickly!

• Like 1