Why become a member? ×

Deferred gratification

lownote

I had the same issue with dpd. Tracked parcel. It left the depot. Its in your area. I watched the van drive past my window, I assumed he had a delivery before mine. Then get a message informing me I was not at home and it had been left at an address 12 doors away. He had also left parcels for another address in our street with the same neighbour??? Couldnt be bothered to make three stops. Absolute shower of shysters, and liars to boot.

• Like 1

Dpd picked up a 13kg parcel (an amp...) from our home, out in the sticks, rural France (Lower Normandy...) on Thursday afternoon. It was delivered, safe and sound, by Dpd on Sunday morning to my brother in Shepperton, Surrey. According to the tracking info, it was still in France the next day..! The total cost, door to door, was 37€39, thanks to the Basschat 10% discount from EuroSender. Many thanks for setting that up, Ped. Very satisfied, no quibbles about shipping stuff from me.

R91KekF.gif

s5pEYbd.jpg

• Like 1

Act one: Me sitting on the sofa the other day, lights on, music playing, lots going on that's very visible through the large front window.

Act two: DPD van pulls up, I stand up to walk to the front door (what, 10 seconds?) and I get there to him pushing a 'sorry we missed you' card through the letter box.

Act three: I open the door and he says 'sorry mate I knocked and rang the bell, been here ages'. I pointed to the camera above the doorbell, he practically ran back to his van to fish my parcel out without saying a word.

He must have practically written the card out beforehand, as he hadn't even bothered to get my box out of the back of the van.

• Like 1

I don't want to stick up for these companies as clearly they need to get their shizzle together, but the drivers are getting it from all angles. I used to work on a lot of DPD vans and speaking to the drivers when they came to collect them, they quite often had 180 drops to do in a day, and being in Cornwall that could be a good few miles between each drop. It's just impossible hence dropping a number of parcels at one address or just entering 'sorry we missed you' on the system and hoping the next day was quieter. We, the end user are complaining about them but they are getting more shiz piled on them by the management of the depots.

True enough, and I'm not one to shout at a waiter when they haven't cooked my food either but the companies clearly don't really care. I've had these two corkers in the past few weeks alone.

IMG_20191128_163647.jpg

IMG_20191128_163708.jpg

Screenshot_2019-12-02-22-26-21-1.png

Studio_20191202_223043.jpg

Edited by Jack
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

My wife had a parcel delivered to my parents house whilst we were away in Wales.  Unfortunately the DPD delivery was scheduled to take place the day they drove up to meet us.

Rather than leave a Missed Parcel note, they forged the signature of my mother and left the parcel in the recycling bin.  Luckily the recycling van wasn't due for a few days, but what if I my parents had arranged for a neighbour to put it out??

I appreciate the comments about the pressure they are under but the level of dishonesty they display is a joke.  I'm rapidly getting to a point of no more mail order and no more BC purchases unless I can pickup the item in person. 

23 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I appreciate the comments about the pressure they are under but the level of dishonesty they display is a joke.  I'm rapidly getting to a point of no more mail order and no more BC purchases unless I can pickup the item in person. 

Yes quite, although under pressure (dum dum dum da da dum :ph34r:) some drivers just don't give two f's either. 

I'm lucky in that I live in a quiet rural area and have a large gated car port type thing, all the regular couriers know to leave stuff in there, in fact a lot of the neighbours stuff goes in there as well, I've got quite the distribution hub going on. 

13 hours ago, Maude said:

It's just impossible hence dropping a number of parcels at one address or just entering 'sorry we missed you' on the system and hoping the next day was quieter. 

I don't get this. They've had to drive the van to your house, write the card, get out of the van and stick the card in your door.  Then come back the following day. How's that any more efficient than knocking on the door and waiting more than a nanosecond for a response?

came home yesterday to find an email from Amazon - we've left your parcel in your safe place. After looking there then spending a further few minutes looking in all my other sheds / gazebo etc I eventually found the parcel (now soggy cardboard) underneath the bench next to our porch.  

1 hour ago, jacko said:

I don't get this. They've had to drive the van to your house, write the card, get out of the van and stick the card in your door.  Then come back the following day. How's that any more efficient than knocking on the door and waiting more than a nanosecond for a response?

I don't know, I'm not a courier. If, for instance, they will be in the same area the next day but have far too many drops today and time is getting on, they might feel it's easier to shove a card through your door and worry about it tomorrow when it might be quieter. Multiple customers drops at one address speaks for itself. 

I seem to be getting into a position of defending couriers, which I'm not, merely saying I can see the pressure some are put under in order to make the company maximum profit, and as with most jobs, when employees are put under too much pressure to carry out an unachievable amount of work the standards will inevitably drop. 

... and back to me, the OP.  And today, yesterday's NAT, now look's like it won't be NAD either.  So here's looking forward to NAT (2), only I'm off working until the weekend.  It's so long since I bought the MF I can't now remember what it is. And of course life being what it is, just hours after buying it, tired, dusty, needing to be repaired before despatch, I now seen the same thing, in immaculate condition, with cover, for sale for just £10 more and less than an hour away pickup. Sigh  

Edited by lownote12

On 02/12/2019 at 18:07, Dad3353 said:

The total cost, door to door, was 37€39, thanks to the Basschat 10% discount from EuroSender.

Wow, that’s a good price. I got a quote from Eurosender for sending a bass from Scotland to France for €300...Needless to say I went else where.

I had Yodel deliver parcels for me twice to an address with the same number and street name but in a completely different part of Nottingham - NG1 as opposed to NG7. If the address had been hand written and the 7 looked like a 1, then I could have forgiven them, but the labels were printed and it was very clearly a 7. Besides the second part of the postcode is completely different.