Why become a member? ×

(Sold) EB3 Copy from The Bass Centre's 'Bass Collection' Range - 'The Blues Bass' Model
£185
London

denki109

EB3/SG Copy from Bass Bass Centre's 'Bass Collection' Range  'The Blues Bass'

Manufactured in Korea in 2011, this is a well made EB3 copy from The Bass Centre's excellent 'Bass Collection' range. It was released as 'Blues Bass' model about 9 years ago and only had a limited run. 

It's Medium Scale (32") and currently sports flatwound strings. The Mudbucker & Mini Humbucker pickups balance with each other much better than the units on an actual EB3. And the Medium Scale is a great compromise between the short scale setup of the original and the long scale versions that Epiphone currently manufacturers. Features a set neck and comfortable action. 

The bass doesn't have a case but it's available for collection OR I can pack it away in a box if someone needs to have the instrument shipped. 

The quality of this bass is superior to the Epiphone EB3s I've played and it really delivers that Jack Bruce/Andy Frasier vibe. 

£185 is cheap as chips as well. Grab yourself a bargain. 

EB33.jpg

image1-4.jpeg

Edited by denki109
  • Like 1

As a one-time owner of the original 60s EB3, they have done at least 2 very good things here. Longer scale, and balancing the pups. Gibson never thought of either of those things :)
Another player of the era that got good sounds from the EB3 was Glen Cornick of Jethro Tull. I think maybe the guy in Colliseum played one for a while too, and he was nifty.

This'll be gone in a flash.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I've heard these can suffer from the dreaded neck dive. 

My 60s EB3 was bloody awful for that - strap button behind neck/body joint and chunky tuners. It was happy when the headstock was scraping the boards. Gibson eh?

58 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Tempting very tempting. If I hadn't just had to shell out to keep my Ampeg running I'd be more than tempted. 

Does it balance? I've heard these can suffer from the dreaded neck dive. 

There is some neck dive. Not as bad as the long scale Epiphone EB3 basses. I found that a wide suede strap dealt with the problem a bit. But, inherently, there is some dive. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...