Why become a member? ×

What To Do When You Ace The Audition

Happy Jack

15 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

He’s happy he got the gig, let’s give him some slack and congratulations.

True, but normal people manage to be happy without behaving like utter knobs.

Hold on, this is a forum for bassists. Why am I talking about 'normal people'?

As it happens, I know this guy.

Richard's been around for ages in loads of rock bands and though he's a bit corny with his 'image projection' he's actually a really good bloke and totally reliable, unlike most people in bands. When I knew him he was having trouble with a bad glaucoma but he didn't let it get him down or stop him volunteering for a local charity.

If he's finally struck it lucky and got himself a gig with a signed band then good luck to him, even if he's got a bit of a showbiz way with words. At least he can quit the zero hours van driving contract if that's what he' still doing :).

You fell for it, you suckers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Richard's been around for ages in loads of rock bands and though he's a bit corny with his 'image projection' he's actually a really good bloke and totally reliable, unlike most people in bands. When I knew him he was having trouble with a bad glaucoma but he didn't let it get him down or stop him volunteering for a local charity.

If he's finally struck it lucky and got himself a gig with a signed band then good luck to him, even if he's got a bit of a showbiz way with words. At least he can quit the zero hours van driving contract if that's what he' still doing :).

Skankdelvar's Intermediate Course in Gamesmanship -- now available online.

I knew you reminded me of someone. Of course. You're the wandering spirit of Stephen Potter, aren't you? Good to have you back.

• Like 1

At some point as he tours the globe he's probably going to find out that there's a drummer in the US already using the name 'Rikki Styxx' and she's already won the 'who comes up first (and only) in a Google search' competition.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cato said:

At some point as he tours the globe he's probably going to find out that there's a drummer in the US already using the name 'Rikki Styxx' and she's already won the 'who comes up first (and only) in a Google search' competition.

... at which point he could change it to the possibly more apt Rikki Stynx.....

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

You're the wandering spirit of Stephen Potter, aren't you?

If I were as accomplished a parodist as the late Mr Potter I'd have written the original JoinMyBand Ricky Styxx post as bait designed to provoke people into paroxysms of hatred and sanctimonious drivel. But I didn't.

Or did I?

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

You missed out the bit about saving drowning puppies.