Why become a member? ×

Ashdown - or up?

lownote

On 15/01/2020 at 23:27, Quilly said:

Using this set up at reasonably loud rehearsal tonight.  The amp is a CTM100 through a since discontinued 2x15 Schroeder cab (one of the speakers is at an angle hence it looks smaller than a 215) the cab is rated at 800w, far in excess of what I need but it has a good SPL rating of 103 (if you can believe that specology) anyway amp only up at around gain -5 volume -6.  I was told to turn it down . It has a lovely edgy tone. The ‘mellow’ button made the room vibrate 😂

Sounds relatable. The last time I gave my CTM100 a proper workout, it was into my Berg 2x12 at an outdoor gig without any PA support. I was also asked to turn down!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

Sounds relatable. The last time I gave my CTM100 a proper workout, it was into my Berg 2x12 at an outdoor gig without any PA support. I was also asked to turn down!

I do think it needs a big efficient cab to get the most out of it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Has the regular CTM30 been discontinued? They’re as rare as hens teeth , really like the look of them . I know everyone’s raving about the little stubby but I think I like the classic vibe of the old one.

They are Still available , I saw some at Ashdown when I was there a while ago