Why become a member? ×

2020 Gear Abstinence thread.....

bassfan

30 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Can I send Mrs Krow out to work to fund new bass gear for me instead? We could probably work out some kind of reciprocal arrangement involving Mrs Dave - play it right an neither need know about it!

PM me.

36 minutes ago, ead said:

13 hours in and so far so good.

What is the official policy on trades?  Are they OK on the basis that it's not more stuff just different stuff?

I think trades are ok, it’s not a purchase and no money changes hands.. I am trading on Friday but it was arranged last week as neither of us could do it earlier.... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I'm probably out already, I had already arranged to buy and have fitted another East pre-amp into a Jazz bass I've had for years back in December.

Pre arranged last year is fine IMO 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I think trades are ok, it’s not a purchase and no money changes hands.. I am trading on Friday but it was arranged last week as neither of us could do it earlier.... 

Agreed that anything prearranged in 2019 is "ok".

But trades wouldn't have qualified in the 2019 thread. (No different really to selling something for more than you buy the next piece of gear for, in that both routes don't "cost" you anything).

I think the point of the challenge is not about 1 in 1 out or breaking-even on gear sales. It's about making the most of the gear you already have and not replacing it with other stuff.

That's my take on it anyway. But it's your thread Paul - you set the rules, mate! Maybe just worth making clear what is / isn't allowed in your OP?

Edited by Al Krow

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

That's my take on it anyway. But it's your thread Paul - you set the rules, mate! Maybe just worth making clear what is / isn't allowed in your OP?

Nope... if that was last years then we stick to the same rules....I was out so fast last year I didn’t take notice. 😂

pre arranged trades or works are allowed. New is not. Thanks @Al Krow

Edited by bassfan

My main aim, gear-wise, this year is to get down to four basses. I currently have five, two are for sale and then I might buy another to bring the total up to four. Or I might settle for three for now (a Precision and two Jazzes). Or, if no one buys my six strings, I'll be stuck with five.

Thankfully everything I’m GASsing over is far too expensive and I need to sell stuff so I think I’m safe. I do have 2 basses and a cab coming in this week on deals done way back in 2019 😂 All been verified and cleared by @bassfan and within the rules. I ‘may’ have bought an SVT-VR late last night too 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

What on earth are Ibanez doing releasing pics of this chambered body, 18mm spaced, semi-para mid enabled headless bass?!

Haven't they heard about our GAC 2020, or are they just trying to make life difficult? 😁

p_region_EHB1005_BKF_1P_01_sub_1.jpg

Write them a strongly worded email, explaining your disgust at their timing

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

What on earth are Ibanez doing releasing pics of this chambered body, 18mm spaced, semi-para mid enabled headless bass?!

Haven't they heard about our GAC 2020, or are they just trying to make life difficult? 😁

p_region_EHB1005_BKF_1P_01_sub_1.jpg

@Al Krow is on the brink of falling off the wagon already. 😂

2 minutes ago, bassfan said:

@Al Krow is on the brink of falling off the wagon already. 😂

Whilst Dave is on the naughty step I'm feeling safe 😁 Besides these won't likley be available in stores for several months yet, by which time I'll just be another nameless casualty of GAC 2020...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Day 2.

Anyone else breaking into a cold sweat and suffering shakes? 

😁

Yep, had it since before christmas. Luckily this one can be control with flu capsules 🙂

Tonight is the first outing (rehearsal) with my 'new' cab. I'm hoping all my GAS will disappear. .

56 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Yep, had it since before christmas. Luckily this one can be control with flu capsules 🙂

Tonight is the first outing (rehearsal) with my 'new' cab. I'm hoping all my GAS will disappear. .

I 'HAVE' to get a reverb pedal so I'll be out soon I reckon. :(