Why become a member? ×

2020 Gear Abstinence thread.....

bassfan

2 hours ago, bassfan said:

I feel your pain.... I was the same with my sadowsky. But my will power is clearly not as good as yours. 😂

I’ll just leave this here.... 

6B2CE08A-E5BC-4033-9759-68A300947357.jpeg

23 minutes ago, martthebass said:

That's not helping B.......

You’re a bad man @bassfan 😂

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I think we need a sister thread as well.....something along the lines of "How spectacularly can you fall off the  2020 Gear Abstinence wagon" 
I would have to be a serious contender on that one albeit an epic failure on this one :-) 

• Haha 2

Just now, Mudpup said:

I think we need a sister thread as well.....something along the lines of "How spectacularly can you fall off the  2020 Gear Abstinence wagon" 
I would have to be a serious contender on that one albeit an epic failure on this one 🙂

Start it... I’ll join! 😂 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FinnDave said:

I thought I'd already established the point to aim for by buying a 2000 quid bass three days after the new year! 

And have barely touched it since!

Nooooo!! Was that the posh Berg you bought? But is it just a case of you've not touched any of your basses 'cos of lockdown, so it's time will come? 

7 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Nooooo!! Was that the posh Berg you bought? But is it just a case of you've not touched any of your basses 'cos of lockdown, so it's time will come? 

I've been playing the others, it's just a bit too posh to play at home and the only rehearsals and gigs I've been playing are in fields, so prefer to leave it safely at home. I played one gig with it in February, and it sounded and felt great. Its time will come round again if/when we can resume playing regular gigs.

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 1

@FinnDave - good to hear. I'm the opposite of you in that a couple of my "posh" basses will mostly be enjoyed by me at home, 'cos I would fret too much taking them to our regular local East End pub venue! 

@MacDaddy - nah, I believe you're still good! Doesn't count as bass gear per the earlier posts.

Impressive, but have to' fess to not feeling jealous of your success in this 😁

Edited by Al Krow

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@FinnDave - good to hear. I'm the opposite of you in that a couple of my "posh" basses will mostly be enjoyed by me at home, 'cos I would fret too much taking them to our regular local East End pub venue! 

@MacDaddy - nah, I believe you're still good! Doesn't count as bass gear per the earlier posts.

Impressive, but have to' fess to not feeling jealous of your success in this 😁

i could have justified the Macbook by saying I need a back-up laptop as I'm working from home.

But I've got no excuse for the Zoom! 😆

• 3 weeks later...