Why become a member? ×

2020 Gear Abstinence thread.....

bassfan

12 minutes ago, Si600 said:

I've just bought an AA battery charger and some batteries for use in my Line6 wireless sender. Does that count as a purchase?

Not even close. Must try harder if you're gonna fail. 

(see post #6)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

You can definitely join this club, lol! I have to confess that's exactly the same amount of use I managed to put all THREE FIs I've ever owned! 😁

Fortunately for you, there is now a very clever BCer in the shape of @Quatschmacherwho is managing to get some great synth patches created, which he is kindly sharing with those of us luddites who find our square waves constantly getting confused with our VCOs... 

I’ll trade all my patches for a functioning right arm/spine. 

I am now out of the group! I have said all along I was waiting for a cog grand tarkin to come up and one (tarkin and 66 combined) did yesterday, so it should be on its way to me over the next couple of days. 

im not disappointed about it as it’s been in the list for a while. I think this group has helped me stop the needless (gas?) purchases though and changed the outlook on the gear I already have. 

thanks for having me and good luck everyone!

• Like 2

Think I might have earned a yellow card - I've just bought a replacement footswitch as the old one's carked itself and I have a gig next week. I could manage without it - it only mimics controls on the amp - but I've got used to having the controls on my pedal board.

There's no additional functionality though, honest guv.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lozkerr said:

Think I might have earned a yellow card - I've just bought a replacement footswitch as the old one's carked itself and I have a gig next week. I could manage without it - it only mimics controls on the amp - but I've got used to having the controls on my pedal board.

There's no additional functionality though, honest guv.

No harm, no foul. Replacing broken stuff gets a ‘pass’ I think.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2020 at 07:09, simon88wilson said:

I am now out of the group! I have said all along I was waiting for a cog grand tarkin to come up and one (tarkin and 66 combined) did yesterday, so it should be on its way to me over the next couple of days. 

I'm not disappointed about it as it’s been in the list for a while. I think this group has helped me stop the needless (gas?) purchases though and changed the outlook on the gear I already have. 

Thanks for having me and good luck everyone!

Enjoy the new pedal! I'm sure @bassfan will be along shortly to update his 'wall of shame'! 

"I think this group has helped me stop the needless (gas?) purchases though and changed the outlook on the gear I already have." 

Yup, couldn't agree more, although I'm starting to put a list together of purchases for 2021 already :) 

• Like 1

Dammit - this was all going so well! 

Then I made the schoolboy error of starting a thread (as it happens on P bass tone & Fender basses over on the Fender-lovers forum in the US) and that together with a mint condition piece of kit coming up in the FS that I've been dithering about getting for 18 months means that I'm likely to crash and burn on multiple fronts in a way that @FinnDave would be proud of.

And I've not even resorted to starting a GoFundMe page to ease the pain...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Dammit - this was all going so well! 

Then I made the schoolboy error of starting a thread (as it happens on P bass tone & Fender basses over on the Fender-lovers forum in the US) and that together with a mint condition piece of kit coming up in the FS that I've been dithering about getting for 18 months means that I'm likely to crash and burn on multiple fronts in a way that @FinnDave would be proud of.

And I've not even resorted to starting a GoFundMe page to ease the pain...

Well, in my case it was three basses and the first was only 3 or 4 days into the year - you're a lightweight, Al! :)

(but looking forward to seeing the new bass!)

Edited by FinnDave

• 2 weeks later...

Well you could get 4 of these basses for that money.

Sire MM I.jpg

I just got the one, oh and the BF cab in the picture and maybe a VT Bass DI pedal as well at the start of this week. Fortunately @bassfan hasn't noticed so, I've not been marked absent yet 😁

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

You will be when I’m home! 

38 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Well you could get 4 of these basses for that money.

Sire MM I.jpg

I just got the one, oh and the BF cab in the picture and maybe a VT Bass DI pedal as well at the start of this week. Fortunately @bassfan hasn't noticed so, I've not been marked absent yet 😁

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@hiram.k.hackenbacker meant to say, well done on getting your bass away - always nice when that happens. If it has been a 5er I would have been very very tempted myself!

Thank you. Just had an offer through eBay for the other bass I have up for sale. Unfortunately it was an offer of a trade on a Yamaha BB P35. Had another non-bass related sale this afternoon.

I think the people at home are getting bored. As long as the postal system/couriers keep going, this could be a good month 😀

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Crawford13 said:

I’m afraid I am out. I bought a new DI box. Of all the products to fall off the wagon for it’s something as simple as a DI box...

Don’t worry. I fell off for a £50 pedal. 😂 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Failed again, this time a US Fender Deluxe Precision. In my defence I will be moving a bass on so I’m not adding, just changing.

Is that the Oly White one in the FS which has just sold?