Why become a member? ×

2020 Gear Abstinence thread.....

bassfan

4 minutes ago, Merton said:

I’ve just emailed COG about a custom pedal I kinda need*.
Depending on their response I may be out 😂

* need might be pushing it. Want, definitely.

Well you'll be supporting a great British team, so it's in a worthy cause! 

Surprised you didn't "accidentally" order a custom bass, or is this pedal malarkey just a ruse to disguise some such sinister sneaky sequestration?! 

• Haha 1

Looks like I'll be out by tomorrow. My pedal board currently lives in a roadie-proof flight case and it weighs a ton. I decided tonight that my power-lifting days are over and I need to put my pedals on something lighter before tomorrow's rehearsal. So if Scayles or Guitar Guitar have a board that isn't cast from depleted uranium, that'll be me.

At least I won't have been the first 😊

3 minutes ago, lozkerr said:

Looks like I'll be out by tomorrow. My pedal board currently lives in a roadie-proof flight case and it weighs a ton. I decided tonight that my power-lifting days are over and I need to put my pedals on something lighter before tomorrow's rehearsal. So if Scayles or Guitar Guitar have a board that isn't cast from depleted uranium, that'll be me.

At least I won't have been the first 😊

Funny that... I've just downsized my pedalboard to Pedaltrain Nano... couldn't find one smaller. Bought in January 2020... so I'm busted. No place for me here!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Trueno said:

Funny that... I've just downsized my pedalboard to Pedaltrain Nano... couldn't find one smaller. Bought in January 2020... so I'm busted. No place for me here!

@bassfan & @Sibob is getting a smaller pedalboard (or indeed any form of pedalboard) a "fail"?

Kinda feels like it's entirely in the spirit of not getting more gear.

Costs no more than a decent set of strings (which are defo allowed) and it's not exactly a swanky Sandberg is it?!

Any leniency here refs?

Edited by Al Krow

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@bassfan & @Sibob is getting a smaller pedalboard (or indeed any form of pedalboard) a "fail"?

Kinda feels like it's entirely in the spirit of not getting more gear.

Costs no more than a decent set of strings (which are defo allowed) and it's not exactly a swanky Sandberg is it?!

Any leniency here refs?

I don’t think it is. I also think purchases £50 and under should be excluded. 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Well you'll be supporting a great British team, so it's in a worthy cause! 

Surprised you didn't "accidentally" order a custom bass, or is this pedal malarkey just a ruse to disguise some such sinister sneaky sequestration?! 

Not yet, though I fear a custom pedal may open the floodgates again... we’ll see 😳

8 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I don’t think it is. 

Excellent! @lozkerr and @Trueno smaller / lighter pedalboards have been awarded an exemption by chief monk, so you're good to stay in a while yet gents.

10 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I also think purchases £50 and under should be excluded. 😂 

Haha - exactly how much was that used Digitech pedal? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Al Krow said:
30 minutes ago, bassfan said:

£49.99 plus £0.01 postage. 😂

5 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Ive just brought my second GK head this month lol. Ill never get the hang of this thread 🙂

you are def out!! 

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Excellent! @lozkerr and @Trueno smaller / lighter pedalboards have been awarded an exemption by chief monk, so you're good to stay in a while yet gents.

I've also bought a KiOgon loom... yesterday. oo-er! It may lead to more... stuff.

On 29/01/2020 at 21:20, Al Krow said:

That was clearly a gender neutral use of the word 'gent' 😁

More seriously - apologies - I hadn't looked too closely at your avatar! I'll try not to fail on that score going forward!

To be fair basschat is a bit of a sausage fest 🙄

16 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I’m not kidding myself at all. If one of the basses I have up for grabs sells, I’ll be making an order as soon as the money comes in - if the bass I’m looking at now is still available that is. I could just buy it now, but I’m quite determined to do it the other way around this time. 

Basses seem to be our collective downfall, don't they? I've just had a narrow escape...bass I had my eye on had < 16.5mm string spacing. Phew, still on the GAW.

Other than GK amps ( of course), apparently very hard to resist. Once you've got one, you're bound to get 3 or 4 from what I can tell.

...or pedals that duplicate stuff that an HX Effects does really well, for the particularly weak willed.

Still 33 days in, and provided my cheeky offer doesn't get accepted on eBay for a piece of kit I've been thinking about getting on and off for a couple of years, I should be good to go for another day or two 😁

• Haha 2

So this weekend I've had a narrow escape with a bass whilst running about like a headless chicken looking into it. Beaten by a buddy to a drum pedal and somehow managed to turn on a sixpence to just avoid getting another cab. Dave's already bought out the stock of most UK retailers' GK amps, so at least I'm safe on that score.

• Haha 1