Why become a member? ×

2020 Gear Abstinence thread.....

bassfan

Twelve days into the year and I have cemented my early departed even more  - in addition to the Sandberg I bought last week, I have just come home with another Jazz Bass which I received in exchange for one of my six string Ibbby basses.

The worst thing about it is that now the brakes are off, I will probably find it harder to control myself for the other 11 1/2 months of the year!

3 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Twelve days into the year and I have cemented my early departed even more  - in addition to the Sandberg I bought last week, I have just come home with another Jazz Bass which I received in exchange for one of my six string Ibbby basses.

The worst thing about it is that now the brakes are off, I will probably find it harder to control myself for the other 11 1/2 months of the year!

That's gotta be the most spectacular falling off the wagon in 12 days...ever! You really are shi*te at this particular game aren't you, Dave? 😄 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

That's gotta be the most spectacular falling off the wagon in 12 days...ever! You really are shi*te at this particular game aren't you, Dave? 😄 

I did quite well last year! If this year started tomorrow, I'd probably breeze though it - I'm a victim of the calendar!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FinnDave said:

I did quite well last year! If this year started tomorrow, I'd probably breeze though it - I'm a victim of the calendar!

You're on. Deferred challenge till Jan 12th 2021 accepted!

We could maybe start a 'penitents' list'. 

😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Yeah, I traded my way out early doors so I’m all in on Marketplace til Dec 😂

Just now, Al Krow said:

You're on. Deferred challenge till Jan 12th 2021 accepted!

We could maybe start a 'penitents' list'. 

😁

I'll be lucky to last until the 12th Feb 2020, but I'll try!  Mind you, I took my Sandberg to rehearsal today and it sounded and played magnificently - worth falling off the wagon for!

• Like 1

I'm out.

Just negotiating a GK MB200 that i can use for rehearsals. Trying to cut down on gear that i take, and I found that as long as i dont take my Helix (which i dont need to) i can get everything, inc my MB800 in to my Bass gig bag. It's a very tight squeeze though so hopefully the MB200 will be more suited. 

Good luck to those that haven't cracked yet. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I'm out.

Just negotiating a GK MB200 that i can use for rehearsals. Trying to cut down on gear that i take, and I found that as long as i dont take my Helix (which i dont need to) i can get everything, inc my MB800 in to my Bass gig bag. It's a very tight squeeze though so hopefully the MB200 will be more suited. 

6 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I'm out.

I’m hanging on by a thread. If I can get through the current bought of GAS without cracking, I should be ok for a week or two! 🥴

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I thought i was ok but half a bottle of rum last night got me thinking.....and thats a dangerous thing.

Awww mate, half a bottle of rum and the best you could come up with is a mini amp head that you're never going to be able to gig with your full band?! ** 

Can I recommend you seek solace in the other half and hope you come up with something better? 😁

Edited by Al Krow
**you know you're sensibly settled on being a 300W minimum man
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Awww mate, half a bottle of rum and the best you could come up with is a mini amp head that you're never going to be able to gig with your full band?! ** 

Can I recommend you seek solace in the other half and hope you come up with something better? 😁

Haha, pretty sure i 'could' gig it, i just wont because it lacks the second channel. This will be a god send for rehearsals though. If i cut down what i take it, and this is all it's going to take, it means i dont have to make another trek up and down the 6 flights (each way) of stairs at each end fo the night. Now thats a real world issue that is worth throwing a small amount of money at it 🙂

I didn't join this years party as I knew that I'd fail pretty early on. However, although I have failed already (I've placed an order for something bright and shiny from Colchester) I am genuinely going to try to make that my one and only purchase this year.

To me it's a strangely alien feeling, but I currently have absolutely no gas. 😧

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Deedee said:

I didn't join this years party as I knew that I'd fail pretty early on. However, although I have failed already (I've placed an order for something bright and shiny from Colchester) I am genuinely going to try to make that my one and only purchase this year.

Something bright and shiny from Colchester? With carbon fibre weave? Do tell!

34 minutes ago, Deedee said:

Congratulations!! Which beast did you go for. Full spec please! 😃👍🏻

4 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Congratulations!! Which beast did you go for. Full spec please! 😃👍🏻

A Chris Wolstenholme sig in the standard woven graphite finish - but with blue wraparounds obviously. I absolutely love the finish on them and the pickup spacing appeals to me, as does the positioning of the jack on the side.

I'll now get to understand your anguish waiting a few months for it to arrive. 😬

• Like 3