Why become a member? ×

2020 Gear Abstinence thread.....

bassfan

1 hour ago, walshy said:

I’ve just been offered a trade 😂

I feel the regs on trades from 2019 were excessively harsh as you're not acquiring new gear, merely changing existing stock into something else :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ead said:

I feel the regs on trades from 2019 were excessively harsh as you're not acquiring new gear, merely changing existing stock into something else :)

Much as i'd like to agree, I have to say that when I have merely changed one wife for another, people have made a right fuss about it!

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Much as i'd like to agree, I have to say that when I have merely changed one wife for another, people have made a right fuss about it!

That is very unreasonable of them, presuming that later models were considered to be upgrades :ph34r:

I expect I'm going to be the first. Last night at rehearsal my Boss wireless system was playing up again. It's been sporadic and so far been fine at gigs, but ive lost conference in it. I think i need something more robust like a Smooth hound. Just working out the logistic of getting something like that, because the receiver will have to sit on the floor next to my Helix. I dont want to start using my pedal board again though. 

2 hours ago, FinnDave said:

And yet I do recall that it was only days ago you were suggesting we put our wives out to work to buy each other basses...some folk never learn eh? 😁

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

And yet I do recall that it was only days ago you were suggesting we put our wives out to work to buy each other basses...some folk never learn eh? 😁

That's my trouble, Al, I've always been a slow learner.

It wouldn't have worked, anyway. My wife is currently at work keeping me in the style to which I have become accustomed. :)

49 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I expect I'm going to be the first. Last night at rehearsal my Boss wireless system was playing up again. It's been sporadic and so far been fine at gigs, but ive lost conference in it. I think i need something more robust like a Smooth hound. Just working out the logistic of getting something like that, because the receiver will have to sit on the floor next to my Helix. I dont want to start using my pedal board again though. 

I could lend you my spare SH and you could (if you like it) buy it off me for its current market value but on 1 Jan 2021. Nothing pre-agreed of course and you can return it to me at any time for no cost.

...Phew, bacon saved!

Anyone else looking for a loophole, please PM me. My rates are sometimes reasonable.

Just now, FinnDave said:

That's my trouble, Al, I've always been a slow learner.

Yeah, but you've been a fan of Ibbys, you play through a BF SC and you're a bass player who's never used pedals live in 40(?) years of gigging.

And no one has ever sacked you for not using a compressor. Not once.

What's not to love about that? 😁

• Like 1

Already Struggling with this, depending on if i can get  it for the right price i may be first out. Need a backup bass for the main band (as i sold my old one last week) and one has just appeared that i'm interested in.

Edited by simon88wilson

21 minutes ago, simon88wilson said:

It’s ok! He wouldn’t go as low as I wanted (quite rightly to be honest) so the early wobble has passed!

That's the nice thing to having signed up to this thread. You know you shouldn't be getting any gear: so you low ball. If they say "no" you still feel virtuous (albeit only just, after all you've flirted big time right? 😁)

If they say yes, then you've stopped caring about being on this thread.

Win win! 

• Like 1