Why become a member? ×

Closed: Boutique 4string hoard: CB, Overwater, Clover, Tobias, Drozd, Hanewinckel
£9400
Berlin DE

sselterf

Having a family shifts priorities for spending time and money. That said, some of my basses have to go; by taking your pick, you'll tell me which to keep.

On the block

• Acacia Custom, this I'll keep
  • Clover Slapper, £ 900 gone
  • Hanewinckel Custom, £ 900 sold
  • Jerzy Drozd Excellency IV, £ 2000 sold
  • Tobias Classic pre-Gibson, £ 2000 sold
  • Overwater Progress III Deluxe fretless, £ 1200 gone
  • Cliff Bordwell D-Bass, £ 1200 sold

All instruments are in great condition - well, the odd miniscule ding, superficial scratches - and necks are slim and adjustable for very low action, which I'm partial to. All the basses have been with me for a minimum of 10 years and have lovingly been looked after (and, though not as often as they deserve, even played). Time for new strings on some.

Price includes basic GLS shipping to your doorstep, provided the address is within the European Union. Anywhere else, or any other shipping services, lets talk. For those that count their coins in €, please assume 115% of the  £ price. Since I know how risky it is to buy a bass unseen, unheard, unfelt, I'll accept returns within 3 days of delivery. Full refund minus shipping costs, given undamaged/untampered condition. Easy to offer, they're keepers.

Not looking for trades please, as it wouldn't quite answer the purpose.

update.jpg

Edited by sselterf
ending offer
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back in the late 90'ties, Bassplayer Magazine did a very comprehensive test of 5 string basses, also known as the 5 string shootout. All basses were selected for posessing a certain level of quality. Acacia was included in the test and described as containing alot of wood in the sound, organic, perhaps slightly compressed. Ideal for fingerstyle Jazz, Fusion and RnB, i.e. great tone over massive punch.

Pretty sure it'll be a pleasure for the next owner who's willing to invest in a rather unknown brand.

Regards

Thomas

61Opt1p9lEL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• MB1 locked this topic