Why become a member? ×

December Cover Song Challenge - GET JINGLING!

Skol303

This is the first track I've finished in eight years! Been tinkering with it for a few months, and this isn't necessarily the final version, but it's as ready as it's going to get by xmas. The tune is a Swedish folk melody that I learned at the London Scandi session, and which has become the tune which I play for one of Huginn and Muninn's dances, Whirlwind. The arrangement for nyckelharpa, hammered dulcimer (a vsti), synths and percussion is mine. I appreciate that the ethos of these comps is for everyone to be very supportive of one another, which is great, but I'd genuinely appreciate any constructive criticism (feel free to PM if you'd rather not post critical stuff in this thread), even if it's only to tactfully suggest that all things considered one track every eight years is probably more than enough, and I should consider slowing down to avoid creative burn-out. Enjoy, and a happy xmas to one and all.

Edited by Earbrass
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Earbrass said:

...but I'd genuinely appreciate any constructive criticism...

Under the heading of 'be careful what you wish for...', I'd be happy to oblige once these festive days are past. I don't think that I'm overly reputed for my 'supportive ethos' (ask Lenny, for instance...), and I doubt it'll take me months to come to an opinion, so if you can bear the waiting... I'll be back.

(And no namby-pamby hiding behind PM's or the like; shot straight from the hip, full blast and in full view. Regretting your participation already..? :crazy:...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1