Why become a member? ×

December Cover Song Challenge - GET JINGLING!

Skol303

🎄 December Cover Song Challenge 🎄

As is tradition, we're doing something a bit different for December... so instead of composing to a photo, we're running a covers competition. Basically, choose a song or instrumental that you like and write your own version of it. You can be faithful to the original or completely ruin it get creative; the choice is yours.

All of the usual rules apply with a few additional caveats:

• It doesn't have to be a Christmas song.
  • You're welcome to submit anything recorded this year (not just from December), so there's no excuse for those of you in cover bands not to enter.
  • Don't go lifting any samples from whatever song you intend to cover, as that will breach the usual terms and conditions leading to extreme punitive measures.
  • This is the only time of year that bagpipes are allowed! But that still doesn't make them right.

The deadline for entries is midnight on December 24th.

giphy.gif

Here we go, then, hoping that this is in the spirit of this month's Challenge ...

Concert 'Chez l'Habitant' for a charity (can't remember which one, or several...). A cold, somewhat damp underfloor garage, sparse but enthusiastic public, fans of Radiohead, which was nice. Filmed and recorded with two Sony Handicams; one ran out before the end, this was the last song of our first set (of two...). Enjoy.

• Like 1

Well in there Douglas , I have nothing done so will have to start from scratch as usual ,  but I have a million other things on.

I am hoping for some inspiration soon , even though ‘tradition’ would suggest I have already had a full years notice of the challenge :facepalm: 

OoOoOoooOh go on then......

Recorded for the Xmas Cover Challenge.No apologies for the pic, some of us at least have a roof to shelter under this Winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khZyXhCff6c&feature=youtu.be

Bonus points for naming that tune 🤪 … Ok it's Chi Mai by Ennio Moricone 

Cheers,

James

🤘

Edited by Bleat
  • Like 2

My entry into the Basschat Christmas Cover comp for December.
All guitars, bass, vocals are my own doing. Also played keyboards for strings and choir-ish noises. Ez played piano and also tried to keep it all in time on drums !

There's also a fraction of Christmassy stuff in it somewhere !!

Nige

• Like 1

Reaper has updated to version 6

its different from what I’ve been used too  ,  it’s nothing in the scheme of things , but when I suddenly get a spark and I’m told my money has run out and the interface is a little alien  ,  it just sucks , not massively, but I need everything in my favour to stop me from mass hair extraction by pulling 

49 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

...its different from what I’ve been used to...

Menu 'Options', 'Themes', 'Default_5.0'... Job done. :i-m_so_happy:

I'll evaluate over the next couple of months; if I adopt it, I'll pay, if not, I'll roll back to 5.983. Simples. B|

• Thanks 1

On 01/12/2019 at 14:42, Skol303 said:

This is the only time of year that bagpipes are allowed! But that still doesn't make them right.

Sorry to be political but I'd vote for Scotland to be independent as long as bagpipes are pu ishable by death in the rest of the UK. And non Scottish people wearing kilts at weddings. 

Ah well I suppose I had best throw my hat into the ring now as I wont get any time to polish this one, or even roll it it glitter.

I was hoping to get a choral type vocal from Lurksalittle to set it up properly , but thats not going to happen any time soon, she is not up for putting any effort in :facepalm:

please note the cute picture to generate some interest 

On 03/12/2019 at 18:43, Dad3353 said:

Here we go, then, hoping that this is in the spirit of this month's Challenge ...

Concert 'Chez l'Habitant' for a charity (can't remember which one, or several...). A cold, somewhat damp underfloor garage, sparse but enthusiastic public, fans of Radiohead, which was nice. Filmed and recorded with two Sony Handicams; one ran out before the end, this was the last song of our first set (of two...). Enjoy.

do you set your kit up the wrong way round :P        ;)

Here's my effort. Epiphone Special guitar, Necarman electric saz, Starforce bass, drum sounds put together from keyboard samples and my usual appalling vocal that I've tried once again to salvage/hide by echoing it to death. Love this song. Have I done it justice? I doubt it very much. Hey ho. Merry Christmas!

• Like 1