siso0450

Withdrawn!!! Musicman Stingray Classic 5 - Birdseye Maple
£1665
Toledo (Spain)

I put on sale this wonderful Musicman, as new, has no dings.. 
This classic Musicman model with Fingerboard and Bird's Eye neck cannot be easily found.
Typical vintage Musicman sound, the same sound we hear on many of the albums of our favorite artists because Musicman is always present in them.
I include your original box and shipping within the European Union is not a problem.
The price is 1665 £ (1950 €) NO TRADES.... PLEASE.

Specs:

- Year: 2010 Made in USA
- Ash body
- Bolt-on Birdseye maple neck
- Birdseye Maple fretboard
- Dot fretboard inlays
- 21 narrow width high profile frets
- Graphite nut
- Nut width: 44.5 mm (1 3/4")
- Scale: 864 mm (34")
- Fretboard radius: 7.5 inches
- Pickup: Music Man AlNiCo humbucker
- Electronics: 2-band active preamp
- Volume, Treble, Bass controls
- Black pickguard
- Music Man Classic chrome bridge with stainless steel saddles
- Schaller machine heads
- Chrome hardware finish
- Colour: Vintage Sunburst
- Original Case
- Made in USA
The ErniBall strings are on a week ago.

Pics:

DSC_0651_1.JPG

DSC_0652_1.JPG

DSC_0655_1.JPG

DSC_0656_1.JPG

DSC_0657_1.JPG

DSC_0658_1.JPG

DSC_0659_1.JPG

DSC_0660_1.JPG

DSC_0662_1.JPG

DSC_0663_1.JPG

DSC_0665_1.JPG

DSC_0666_1.JPG

DSC_0667_1.JPG

DSC_0668_1.JPG

DSC_0669_1.JPG

DSC_0671_1.JPG

DSC_0672_1.JPG

Edited by siso0450
  • Like 1

Very tasty indeed. Probably the nicest Ray5 I've seen in a long time. Bump 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Soledad said:

Very tasty indeed. Probably the nicest Ray5 I've seen in a long time. Bump 👍

Thanks Soledad!!!! ;)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sly83
      High-end bass by Philippe Deputte Luthier Artist.
      - Walnut table with inserts in black pear
      - Swamp Ash body 3 parts wavy maple neck
      - Graphite reinforcements and Truss Rod double actions.
      - Speckled maple fingerboard, abalone inlays. Scale 34 '
      - Walnut veneered head, Hipshot Tuners
      - Hipshot bridge 18mm
      - Bone nut.
      - Neck / body connection by step inserts mechanical, optimized vibrations.
      - Maple and ebony railing
      - Very dynamic and precise through B string.
      - BENEDETTI microphones exclusive MIC system (switchables pickups). Contact by copper plates. A Precision, a Jazz and a double Humbucker.
      - John East Uni pre 3 Electronic Preamp with Volume control / Balance stacked pots Parametric medium / boost medium stacked Bass / treble stacked - Switch 2 positions 1 active / passive - Switch for pickups 1 + 2 or 1 + 3
      - 3.45 kgs !! Perfectly balanced.
      Each point of this bass has been designed for optimal ergonomics. Whether the choice of the profile of the handle and its radius, as well as certain details that are important such as the jack plug in the back and the front strap attachment which allows to have a flat strap, which does not pull not on the shoulder.
      Fantastic playing sensations. Very low action. It falls perfectly on the shoulder, no tiredness of play even after a very long gig.
      Supplied with Hiscox case. 
      New strings set La Bella Super Steps 45-128.
      Very versatile modern and vintage sounds 
      Links and follow-up of its creation: https://onlybass.com/topic/87754-projet-duo-lutherie-l3m/
      Price include shipment from France 🇫🇷 to Europe with insurance. 

Quick samples :

• By MarshallBTB
      Selling this awesome bass, only because it's not getting used as I finally got the Stingray Classic I've been looking for!
      Price £1100.
      Been used a lot but in great condition.
      Has a few scuffs here and there, worst being marks around the jack socket, and a small chip in the front top contour.
      Had a couple of nuts break on me so ended up getting one cut(still compensated) Its solid and it's never broken since! Have photographed the worst bits. All cosmetic ofcourse, absolutely no issues with the performance of the bass at all. 
      It sounds awesome, can get a great range from the pickups/eq, always ended up being bass I used for any recording or studio work. Nice weight, with a decent strap its never been an issue, feels nice and solid.
      Have the Musicman hardcase for it too.
      Not prepared to post, at least for now. Welcome to come and give it a play. 
      Given it a nice clean up and a set up. Strung with month old Ernie Ball strings. 
      *Weighed on bathroom scales and its around 5kg. Probably just over, it's a bit of a beast! But it's worth it, and with a decent strap it's not a problem. 
      Any questions please ask! 

• By IanA
      Cash price £1100

For sale or trade 
      Musicman Cutlas in White with Maple neck and Mint pick guard.
      The condition is almost as new, there is just one small mark on the back and some very minor scratches on the pick guard under the strings. Comes with original hard case.
      Sound wise this is like a 50’s Precision with some added oomph in the low end, the nut width is 41.3 it is incredibly slick and fast to play.
      Weight is 4kg
      build quality is absolutely stunning, it Easily compares with any of the other boutique basses that I have owned.
      I would prefer to trade rather than sell and would like to swap/trade depending on condition for an American Original/Vintage Precision. I prefer the wider nut width of those bases...
      I am including a spare set of hardly used Labella 760 FL included in sale, the bass is currently strung with Dunlop Superbrights 45-105
      I would consider an American Original Jazz  as an option, American standard with cash my way 
      will also consider Lull/Nordstrand etc...
      Weight must be around the 4kg mark give or take.
      thanks for looking, let me know what you have got!
      I have uploaded some of the photos from when I bought it only a few weeks ago...
      Ian

• By lowregisterhead
      I'm by no means sure I really want to do this, but I'm tentatively offering for sale my very rare Lakland 55-76 Deluxe. This bass is the holy grail for Stingray fans who would like a wider string spacing and 35" scale! The bass has a Teal burst finish over a flame maple top, maple neck with ebony fingerboard, and 19mm spacing at the bridge, with thru-body or bridge stringing. It also has a removable Stingray-style see-thru scratchplate. Weight is 4.3kg.
      I bought it a while ago from a guy in the Netherlands as a fretless, and had it fretted by a very skilled luthier who has the distinction of having re-fretted some of Peter Green's guitars, so I knew it was in pretty safe hands. The result was astonishing - the ebony board has been polished until you can see your face in it, literally. Not surprisingly, it also plays beautifully, and has that big, fat Stingray sound in spades, with the legendary Lakland B string. The oddity about this particular bass is that it has no serial number - the assumption is that it was made very early on, perhaps even the first or prototype of the model. This would place its date of manufacture at somewhere in the mid-90's, when Lakland was still in its infancy. Although it will certainly be US made, it also doesn't have the usual 'Made in the USA' stamp on the back of the neck, giving more credence to its early manufacture date. The tuners are Hipshot in design, but with no markings. I also have a Lakland 55-94 whose serial number dates it to 1998 that doesn't have the USA neck stamp, and has the same style of tuners.
      It's in excellent condition for a 20+ year old bass. There's a small crack in the lacquer next to the neck pocket, and a couple of tiny dings on the body that I've tried to show in the photographs, but otherwise it's in very good shape indeed.
      Now we come to the colour. I've tried photographing it with three different cameras, but it always comes out more blue than it appears to the naked eye - in reality it's closer to a Teal Green. Any interested parties are very welcome to pay me a visit to have a closer look at it. I'm near Woking in Surrey, a few minutes from junction 10 of the M25.
      The pickup is wired to a 3-way coil tap switch with a Bartolini NTMB-L918 3-band preamp with a push/pull volume pot for active/passive switching. I fitted the chrome knobs, but the original black rubberised ones are also included. The bass comes complete with a Hiscox Liteflite case.
      I believe that you can still get this model from Lakland as a special order, but with the build cost, deluxe burst finish, ebony fingerboard, Bartolini electronics, shipping and import duty, it would take several months and you wouldn't get much change out of 5K. Also (and I say this as a huge Lakland fan) in my opinion the older ones are just better made! Taking all that into consideration, I feel the price I'm asking of £2995 £2500 plus shipping is very fair. Payment by cash on collection or bank transfer/Transferwise only. Sorry, but I'm only looking for a straight sale, so no trade offers please.

• By Fred Leicester
      I’ve had this bass for a couple of years, but it’s not getting a lot of use as I’m really not playing 5 stringers any more, so I’m looking to let it go...
      Just been professionally serviced and set up with new strings (Ernie Ball Slinky). 
      I’d be interested in trades for a MIJ/MIM jazz bass, and may add cash your way for the right bass... I’m after a 60s/62 reissue ideally. May add cash your way for the right bass/one of higher value than my Ray.
      Bass in located in Norwich (as am I 😆). I have a soft case for the bass, could courier as I have a guitar box to pack it in, or I’d consider delivering in East Anglia for the right trade/price etc! 😊
      Any questions, just ask...