Why become a member? ×

And The Award For Hopelessly Bewildered Goes To...

stewblack

So I bought one of those fancy brief case pedal board thingies. 

I have been left with many questions. 

The bottom half has little rubber feet at the corners indicating it should be the half in which the pedals sit. If this is so then given the bottom is deeper than the top the pedals sit too low to use. Also the handle and clasps are then vulnerable to being trodden on. 

If the pedals go in the lid, no rubber feet and you have to open the case upside down. 

There is a strip of furry velcro stuck in the lid. This runs the width of the lid and has scratchy velcro attached to it. I don't know what this is for. 

The block of foam supplied with the board would raise the pedals to a usable height but is far too squishy so can't be for that. With the pedals in the lid and the foam in the base the unit won't close. 

Yours, bewildered 

Stew. 

🤔

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, JapanAxe said:

The shallow part is for the pedals. You're meant to stick hook velcro to the back of each pedal, which will then make the pedal cling to the lining. The foam block goes in the deep part and is intended to stop the pedals coming adrift in transit.

This was precisely my thinking. Except... the foam won't allow the lid to close (not even nearly) and the rubber feet are on the deeper part and the clasps work the other way up! 

I got a cheap one, about £20 from ebay) when I first started getting into effects that sounds like the one you're describing..I think the fault is on the designers! There is no logic to the feet being on the deeper part abd also the wrong part of the velcro was in the lid! In the end I got a second hand gator one that is a huge sturdy board in a carry case that, although heavy, had served my needs since

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jonathan Bee said:

I got a cheap one, about £20 from ebay) when I first started getting into effects that sounds like the one you're describing..I think the fault is on the designers! There is no logic to the feet being on the deeper part abd also the wrong part of the velcro was in the lid! In the end I got a second hand gator one that is a huge sturdy board in a carry case that, although heavy, had served my needs since

Glad its not just me. Well it makes a good case for my spare pedals. 

Someone has dropped a testicle in the design there. My old Diago pedal board has the feet and latch studs (the non moving bits, I’m sure there’s a technical term, but I don’t know it) on the shallow half, as you’d expect.

• Like 1