Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super twin or BB2

mikegatward

Am contemplating  whether to get a BB2  to replace existing super twin.

i love  the super twin but the chance to reduce the payload by 6kg is tempting.

Has anyone gigged both cabs ?. I play in rock/indie covers band with 2 guitarists and a drummer who plays an  electronic kit

Hi,I have an older gen2 super12t and a bb2 gen 3 .both great cabs.the bb2 I actually think has a fuller smoother sound whereas the 2x12 is more harsh/middy but still cuts through.lugging wise the bb2 is easy to carry weight wise but still large enough to be awkward sometimes so I’ve ordered a super midget to pair with it for bigger gigs and hopefully use the midget on its own for rehearsals/small gigs.i use the bb2 with a tecamp puma 900,so 600 watts going into it at 8ohms.plenty loud enough really.great full range cab.i don’t think you’d be disappointed with one.cheers jeff 

38 minutes ago, tubbybloke68 said:

lugging wise the bb2 is easy to carry weight wise but still large enough to be awkward sometimes so I’ve ordered a super midget to pair with it for bigger gigs and hopefully use the midget on its own for rehearsals/small gigs.cheers jeff 

That's exactly what I do.  Both cabs together is really overkill though, but sounds wonderful.  I'd rarely need both cabs and besides, either is equally capable alone on a gig.

Frank.

• 5 weeks later...
On 29/11/2019 at 16:29, mikegatward said:

Am contemplating  whether to get a BB2  to replace existing super twin.

i love  the super twin but the chance to reduce the payload by 6kg is tempting.

Has anyone gigged both cabs ?. I play in rock/indie covers band with 2 guitarists and a drummer who plays an  electronic kit

I play in a 3 piece, loud, rock/indie covers band and also play through a super twin. I’m really impressed with the sound and volume I was getting, but was also keen to lessen the weight and size. So I bought a BB2 just before Christmas and gigged it on NYE. I can honestly say that it can match the volume I need to keep up with our drummer, I just needed to turn my amp  (Mesa d800) up a bit more. Gain and volume at 12 o clock.  Nice full low bassy sound. Happy days and will probably sell the super twin.