Why become a member? ×

* SOLD * Gretsch Broadkaster bass (MIJ) £800 plus delivery
£900
London

Clarky

Beautiful and relatively rare short scale bass, around 10 years old. Just doesn't sit right with me ergonomically due to hollow body. Made in Japan, top quality and only a few minor blemishes in the finish (definitely 9/10). Wearing La Bella flats and with original hard case.

Collection from London (Hammersmith area) preferred but will post UK for extra £25.

Sale only, no trades. Trying to pay off my recently-acquired '71 Mustang!

Here is previous owner's FS thread with specs etc.

20190819_124129.jpg

20190819_172108.jpg

20190819_124117.jpg

20190819_124123.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Fastfret24 said:

Tried this out last weekend, beautiful instrument, immaculate condition and plays wonderfully!

Definitely worth checking out 👍

GLWTS

Thanks Ben! Someone please make me a near offer and preferably collect* as I don't really want to sell on eBay (where I have had an offer)

* I am currently out of boxes large  enough to  post this as the Gretsch hard case is quite deep

Edited by Clarky

3 hours ago, kristo said:

Out of interest, to get an idea of size, are they medium scale or long scale Labellas?

I had them lying around when I bought the bass but am 99% sure they are regular long scale 760FL.

From ball end to start of orange silk on E string is 37 inches as compared with between 33-34 inches on my La Bella Mustang 760 flatwound strings. Reason being the long tail piece of the Gretsch

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1

OK, after further cogitation, I am not withdrawing this bass per se but I am in no particular hurry to sell as my cowpunk band may go 'more country' (TBD in next month or so) and as I am only willing to hand over (rather than post).

So if you can meet me in London and are willing to come very close to my asking price let's talk. Otherwise I will hang on and see which direction my new band heads in the New Year!

Edited by Clarky

Hi again, Clarky,

...Frivolous "gas" comments aside, I've played one of these and loved it, but couldn't at the time justify the outlay, so I got a LaBella-loaded Ibanez Artcore instead, to see how I would get on with both a semi-hollow body and the flats... I'm now converted & convinced. I potentially have genuine interest in this, so if at some point we could get around the shipping issue, I'd love to discuss further..? I don't know if you remember , but we've traded before.., possibly for an EHX bass synth..?

Kind regards,

Seán

OK I have concocted a box out of bits of cardboard and bubble wrap and the bass itself will be within this in its hard case.

Postage via UPS standard delivery to Ireland is £30 if you are still interested @sub-a-dub? You have first dibs.

£24 by UPS standard if sub-a-dub is no longer interested and the next-in-line potential buyer needs post to a mainland UK address

Edited by Clarky

• MB1 locked this topic