Why become a member? ×

(Sold) Retrovibe Chowny Volante PJ Bass w/DeLano Pickups
£300
London

denki109

Is it a Jazz? Is it a R**k? Is it a P? Is it a Sandberg? 

It's SuperBass. Well, a Volante as it happens.

FIrstly it's a Retrovibe. Designed by Bass Guru/Genius/Force-of-Nature David Konig in Bath. And built to his exacting specifications in India. This is a classy instrument. This is from the first run of instruments that Retrovibe oversaw just prior to Chowny's involvement. The attention to detail is fantastic. As is the setup. 

The body is alder. The neck, which feels like a good Jazz Bazz offering, is maple with lovely block inlays and binding. Thanks to the 4000 series inspired upper horn, there's more mass to this instrument's body and that means more tone. Or, at the very least, it does to my ears. 

The machine heads are Wilkinson apart from the Hipshot Extender that I added for the E string which offers Drop D & C with a flick of a lever. The bridge offers top-load or string-thru options the neck is super straight with a truss rod that operates as it should. The weight comes in at 9.6 pounds. 

The bass's original pickups were good but I added a set of Delano pickups and it really made the instrument come alive.

As I haven't got a case for this bass, collection would be preferred but I'm happy to entertain shipping in case the new owner is based far away from the capital. 

Love this bass. A recent emergency operation on my dog Molly, however, has forced its sale. This is most definitely a reluctant parting. 

DB1425B2-BB56-4BC8-A037-A5D0541C47F3.jpeg

EB3A5183-05A8-4B24-B7BC-8CC68ED6787E.jpeg

FA1F0FEA-D54D-4FC0-AFF9-783F575B082F.jpeg

45E74A43-ED72-472F-A4E5-DE8381980142.jpeg

745A1661-D4DD-4DCB-840C-ADBBD9F0158D.jpeg

Edited by denki109
Sold
  • Like 1