Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette Hot Rod 2005 Limited Edition 5 String - SOLD
£1399

bagsieblue

£1399 Now £1299 shipped Mainland UK - or collect from Chorley, Lancashire.

Time to have another go at selling my Warwick Corvette Hot Rod 2005 Limited Edition 5 String.

If my Streamer Stage 1 5 String Broadneck goes before this then I will withdraw this.

Great overall condition for a 14 year old bass - Weight is 4.2 KG.

There are just a few minor marks on the body that are minor so don't photograph very well.  Also see the black knot in the wood on the rear side of the lower horn, please see photo.  This is a natural knot in the wood but I thought best to point it out.
Those are the only minor points worth of a mention.
It's a difficult bass to photograph so I have added a couple of photos of these types of basses, the Limited Edition run for 2005, from the Warwick website.

The 2005 Limited Edition run of only 250 of these basses produced and like all Ltd Edition Warwicks it has been personally signed by Warwick founder Hans Peter Wilfer on the rear of the headstock.
The bass is in very good overall condition and plays fantastically. 

• US Swamp Ash body, 2-piece design with hollow tone chambers (so a fairly light weight bass)
• Intricate veneer lining 
• 3/8" AAA Flamed Maple top 
• Flamed Maple neck with Flamed Maple fingerboard and "Planet" inlays, 24 frets 
• Fingerboard radius: 640 mm (25.5") 
• Scale length: 34" (long) 
• Active MEC H/H soapbars 
• Satin tinted finish 
• Black hardware 
• Active MEC 3-band electronics with preamp bypass 
• Switchable mid-range frequency 250 or 800 Hz 

The Blurb from Warwick: 
Just like people look forward every year to the Daytona 500 or the Indianapolis 500, bassists all over the world anxiously await the introduction of each year´s limited edition bass from Warwick. This year, Warwick´s newest collector´s piece is the Corvette "Hot Rod" Ltd. 2005, and it is a beauty! 
To create this masterpiece, Warwick started with the popular Corvette body style and then started piling on the custom options. The body is made from premium swamp ash and topped off with an AAA flamed maple top. Between the swamp ash body and the flamed maple top is a multi-layer veneer of Ekanga, which runs around the entire body. The neck is made out of flamed maple and the maple fingerboard features custom planet inlays. For a special touch, Warwick decided to forego their trademark black headstock for a custom flamed maple headstock, making the entire bass a symphony of beautiful blonde woods. To top off the cosmetics of this instrument, Warwick added black hardware and a natural satin finish and the satin finish means you do not need to wax this bass! 
The motor underneath the hood of the Hot Rod is something to be admired if not worshipped. The 5-string version comes with active MEC soapbar pickups and a 3-band MEC active preamp. The combination of the tone woods and the top-of-the-line electronics creates a powerful sound machine that is capable of performing in all genres of music. 
The Hot Rod looks great, but an added surprise comes when you pick it up - it is light! 
Warwick designed the body with a hollow tone chamber inside resulting in warmer lows and a much lighter bass weight. If you have admired Warwick basses in the past, but thought they were a bit too heavy to play for a long time, then this is the bass for you!

IMG_20191129_125012.jpg

IMG_20191129_125021.jpg

IMG_20191129_125024.jpg

IMG_20191129_125028.jpg

IMG_20191129_125033.jpg

IMG_20191129_125041.jpg

IMG_20191129_125056.jpg

IMG_20191129_125122.jpg

IMG_20191129_125126.jpg

IMG_20191129_125139.jpg

IMG_20191129_125155.jpg

Edited by bagsieblue