Why become a member? ×

D class Amps- advice

wayneyboy

45 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

I seem to remember that the early TH500s did have a problem with heat and they added a second fan that seems to have solved the problem,

I do not run my gear to critical levels, so I don't see any of these issues myself. If I need more than an amp can comfortably give I get the larger model. Same with cabs.

I'd be surprised if any TH500 heat issues were caused by an overcrowded box, because there's enough room in there to play a game of football. I've owned 2 TH500's and I can guarantee they only had one fan.

I use GK MB212 II, changed it for old GK MB210, so now I do not need to run it on more than 1/3 of the full power. The old MB210 was quite seriously used but never got overheated. However on a new MB212II, fan is pretty loud and turns on very often.

Generally, I like Class D so much, that would never go back for a Solid State. 

2 hours ago, pineweasel said:

Curious, I've had mine for years and it has two, one on the back panel and one on the RH panel

You got me there. I've just put it under the spotlight and there is a fan inside the casing.

I guess now I've got to give my Scouts Observation badge back!!!!

Apologies to all.

10 hours ago, pineweasel said:

Curious, I've had mine for years and it has two, one on the back panel and one on the RH panel

Yes you can see them clearly if you search Aguilar Factory Tour on YouTube where you can watch them being assembled. 

Edited by Chienmortbb