Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Service

Hi all. I don’t want to write war and piece but I’ve had some issues with 3 new Ashdown heads over the years that have all gone back. I lost a bit of faith but decided to buy a used Evo Combo as I love both the look and the sound of these heads. Any way I bought a used Evo500 combo assuming that if it would have had faults t😊and that hopefully the faults would have been and gone. I bought it but sadly my new used amp was faulty 😞 Not wishing you give up on Ashdown I decided after taking advice on Basschat to send it back to Ashdown and at this point I got to deal with Guy. Well I’m over the moon. I recieved great help and sent my head back to Ashdown. I took off the main knobs and slider Knobs to make things easier for them to carry out the repair. Anyway big things and little things I got a call off Guy yesterday taking me through the repair and the general condition of my head and as well as getting the repair carried out Guy fitted new knobs, slider knobs and the amp was back with me this morning! Soooo a big thanks to Guy and the Ashdown team for repairing my head and I would not hesitate to recommend their very efficient work and great customer service. I hope that my Evo is all sorted now and that I can get years of use out of it.... thanks Guy 👍 all the very best Mike 😊

E2A7BA90-FC15-4C4B-AE00-15B3E8BAEAF1.jpeg

217FD2EA-EC00-4F42-A5CB-FB83D2BE8697.jpeg

90B88724-0F43-46D3-B6DA-D40213CA670E.jpeg

23 hours ago, stewblack said:

* cough *

Markbass 

*cough"

Markbass couldnt even be bothered responding to me when I wanted to buy some rack ears for one of their amps I'd spent a fortune on buying. I asked by email and their own facebook page and messenger. Got nothing back.

Ashdown responded within an hour for rack ears for one of their amps I also had, and transaction done in less than 2 hours.

I kept the Ashdown. The markbass went.

Customer service is essential for a brand for me.

Edited by la bam
  • Like 3

I have used Ashdown gear for many years as well as repairing them in my amp tech business. Ashdown have always provided excellent support both with information, schematics and spare parts. The amps are well made and easy to work on not to mention sounding great to me!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, basstone said:

I have used Ashdown gear for many years as well as repairing them in my amp tech business. Ashdown have always provided excellent support both with information, schematics and spare parts. The amps are well made and easy to work on not to mention sounding great to me!

Just not quite as good as an SVT, right Tone? 😉

On 02/12/2019 at 19:46, stewblack said:

Just not quite as good as an SVT, right Tone? 😉

There is not much out there that is. It will be interesting to see if modding the tone stack on the Ashdown to the later spec makes much difference.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, the courier may have played basketball with my new 210, the horn was damaged. Heard a clunk when I placed it in the boot of my car tonight.

Quick investigation...yup. Horn is broken...still attached/in the circuit...but not to the fascia plate.

Quick e-mail (at 7.40pm...) and a reply “one is packed up and will be with you tomorrow...”

Also given the option to send the cab back to sort - but I’m happy enough to do 2 blobs of solder...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

More praise for the fellas down at Ashdown...

After hunting high and low for a replacement power board for my Trace Elliot AH300 without any success I went back to Guy at Ashdown who had advised me to go back to him if the leads he had put me onto didn't pan out.

Guy was able to put together a power board which would fit the TE meaning that I was able to get it working again. I then spoke to Dave Green at Ashdown who ironed out the finances involved and he is sending the relevant part to my Amp Tech (Mal Crawley in Stevenage) 

[email protected]
Phone  07549658595
Home 139 Lonsdale Road, , Stevenage, , Herts SG1 5DF,

Part goes out on Monday, should be with Mal on Tuesday. 

Smooth transaction with knowledgeable craftsmen. Can't say enough good things about them.

If you're reading this fellas, Many thanks...