Why become a member? ×

NAD - Handbox WB100

walshy

Thanks to @foxyFuze for selling me his unbelievable amp and for @wateroftyne for letting me play through his at the impromptu Bass Bash last week. Through the Barefaced 610 it is outstanding. Little unknown brand from Poland, won’t be long before everyone catches on! 

Does this mean the end of my 751 🤷‍♂️ It’s that good!!

EA26B54C-C80A-4C04-82AE-B878A83BEC35.jpeg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i am thinking of buying one of theses amps or the 400 or the 1000 

i am worried about the power rating at 8 ohms i use barefaced cabs and they need plenty of power , i was wondering what output you get from the 100w and how much from the 400w at 8 ohms is it loud and can you give example or comparison of which amp it replaced

i know valve amps are totally different compared to solid state or digital 

16 minutes ago, RSbassman said:

Hi i am thinking of buying one of theses amps or the 400 or the 1000 

i am worried about the power rating at 8 ohms i use barefaced cabs and they need plenty of power , i was wondering what output you get from the 100w and how much from the 400w at 8 ohms is it loud and can you give example or comparison of which amp it replaced

i know valve amps are totally different compared to solid state or digital 

The Handbox WB100 is excellent and so was the R400. The WB will be my gigging amp this year replacing my Aguilar DB751. Always use Barefaced cabs, normally the 6x10. Buy one they’re brilliant 

• Like 1

Hi Walshy 

Are you saying that the WB100 can drive the Barefaced 6x10 louder than the DB751 or does it just sound better with the WB100 but not as loud ?

i am looking for an amp that can drive 600 watts into my Barefaced cab at 8ohms rather than 300 watts at 8ohms

In the past i have found that the louder i turn up the amp the speaker volume goes up then the sound compresses with a loss of the deep bass because the amp  can not be driven any more because it is only 300watts at 8 ohms  but the cab is 600watts at 8 ohms and is hardly even moving as i would expect its loud but the amp has run out of steam 

I suppose i am simply after an amp that can drive one 8ohm bass cab at 600watts hard to believe a WB100 can do that and if it did drive the cab hard would it still sound good ?

2 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

The BFB 610 seems to be a very sensitive cab.  I imagine the WB-100 BFB would give you plenty of usable volume*.

*Disclaimer: never tried it, so can't be sure.

My CTM100 through the BF 410 cab is plenty loud enough, as it was through a BF Super Compact (single 12”). Through a 610 the WB100 will be immense :)

10 hours ago, RSbassman said:

Hi Walshy 

Are you saying that the WB100 can drive the Barefaced 6x10 louder than the DB751 or does it just sound better with the WB100 but not as loud ?

i am looking for an amp that can drive 600 watts into my Barefaced cab at 8ohms rather than 300 watts at 8ohms

In the past i have found that the louder i turn up the amp the speaker volume goes up then the sound compresses with a loss of the deep bass because the amp  can not be driven any more because it is only 300watts at 8 ohms  but the cab is 600watts at 8 ohms and is hardly even moving as i would expect its loud but the amp has run out of steam 

I suppose i am simply after an amp that can drive one 8ohm bass cab at 600watts hard to believe a WB100 can do that and if it did drive the cab hard would it still sound good ?

No not louder, although I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s bloody loud. Plenty loud for anything I’m doing festival wise. These things are killer, small and compact, light and sound huge! The 6x10 BF is a beautiful cab and sounds great with my DB751, Ampeg V4B and the Handbox but it’s the Handbox that’s going out this year. I was blown away when I tried @wateroftyne one at the impromptu Bass Bash up here and just had to have one. They are that good! There’s a HUGE thread on Handbox on here, read it mate, there’s lots of happy bassists raving about them 😁

Now I’ve been bitten by the HB bug after buying your R400 (Walshy). I am tempted to dabble with the valvey HB as well. But, here’s the rub, despite two enquiring e mails to HB Website, I haven’t had the benefit of a reply. Most of the www is in Polish, anyone got the hot line to Lesczek ?

Thanks

• Like 1

Just now, Oldman said:

Now I’ve been bitten by the HB bug after buying your R400 (Walshy). I am tempted to dabble with the valvey HB as well. But, here’s the rub, despite two enquiring e mails to HB Website, I haven’t had the benefit of a reply. Most of the www is in Polish, anyone got the hot line to Lesczek ?

Thanks

His spam filter can be a bit aggressive sometimes.. he needs to sort it.

If you’re on FB, you can contact him via there. Otherwise - are you using [email protected]?

11 minutes ago, Oldman said:

Thanks

You’ll not be disappointed mate, the WB100 is unreal!