Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Discount

doomed

19 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Order a second and send the first on 30 day return. 

I've contacted Andertons for my return, shouldn't be a problem I hope as I've kept all the original packaging and only used it once at a rehearsal last night so it's still like new.

But then I went to the Barefaced website and couldn't resist the allure of the Two10 instead, so I've ended up spending more. Thought I was above it all but I've proved I'm a bit of a sucker for black friday!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Order a second and send the first on 30 day return. 

Unfortunately, because they're made to order their returns have conditions attached (I know they say you can't return a cab if you didn't discuss whether it was the right one before you bought it).

• Sad 1

Although it does say "Should you find your purchase unsatisfactory in any way you have the right to return your cab within the first month, undamaged, for a full refund of both your purchase price and the outbound postage and packing charge." So maybe it will go back, because I find the price unsatisfactory when it' now available at 20% off.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, adamg67 said:

Unfortunately, because they're made to order their returns have conditions attached (I know they say you can't return a cab if you didn't discuss whether it was the right one before you bought it).

Do they say that on their website or just over the phone?

Thanks. Seems a bit odd, but I guess they have their share of tyrekickers to contend with.

Remember that you have the legal right to return any product bought online within 14 days for any reason. You don't have to justify it to the seller. There are a few exceptions and you sometimes have to pay the return carriage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stevie said:

Thanks. Seems a bit odd, but I guess they have their share of tyrekickers to contend with.

Remember that you have the legal right to return any product bought online within 14 days for any reason. You don't have to justify it to the seller. There are a few exceptions and you sometimes have to pay the return carriage.

According to which? you can't return things that are made to order.

This is why our business never does the black friday or indeed any other discounted offer sale, even though we could very easily. All you end up doing is upsetting customers who have paid full price, and it causes no end of headaches. It can even lose you business with returns and cancellations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevie said:

That's why I said there were a few exceptions. However, if you have ordered a standard rather than a bespoke product made especially for you, the regulations apply.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right if I was up for trying to push it. I'm not sure what I would do about ordering another one though, I get that with big companies it's pretty standard to send stuff back and re-order at a lower price but if it didn't work out I could end up with two. Plus, or maybe this is the main thing, I'm rubbish at confrontational type stuff and get really stressed out by it. Should have waited, or bought from Andertons. 

1 hour ago, adamg67 said:

Yeah, I'm sure you're right if I was up for trying to push it. I'm not sure what I would do about ordering another one though, I get that with big companies it's pretty standard to send stuff back and re-order at a lower price but if it didn't work out I could end up with two. Plus, or maybe this is the main thing, I'm rubbish at confrontational type stuff and get really stressed out by it. Should have waited, or bought from Andertons. 

Send a polite email then.

I once bought an iPad and the day after I got it the new one was announced and the old one was cheaper. I called them and they gave me the option of refunding the difference or sending it back so I could order the new spec one.

I was polite and got what I wanted. An email doesn't have to be confrontational - that will only happen if you are angry in your email.

Be nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

Send a polite email then.

I once bought an iPad and the day after I got it the new one was announced and the old one was cheaper. I called them and they gave me the option of refunding the difference or sending it back so I could order the new spec one.

I was polite and got what I wanted. An email doesn't have to be confrontational - that will only happen if you are angry in your email.

Be nice.

Misunderstanding... I was referring to the idea of buying a cab at the 20% off price and then returning mine. Barefaced don't have the same return policy as normal online retailers (eg they say won't take a cab back if you didn't discuss your requirements). It's also not clear if it's "just" an online sale if you discuss it with first (which they encourage you to do). @stevie pointed thought I had the right to return it anyway, even if BF don't agree... that's the point of confrontation. 

With your ipad, you clearly had the right to return it anyway, so you could just have bought another and sent yours back. With BF I can email them and see what they will do, as you said, but whether I can just return the cab and buy one at the new price... I'm not sure if I can or not.

If I'd bought the cab at Anderton's, I'd just do what @DannyBrerro did and return it and get one at 20% off, no issues.

5 minutes ago, adamg67 said:

Barefaced don't have the same return policy as normal online retailers (eg they say won't take a cab back if you didn't discuss your requirements).

Whatever their policy is, they're still subject to the Sale of Goods Act as amended and the Distance Selling Regulations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1